+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quiet Girls

Quiet Girls

Ok Im basically having a mental struggle overthinking a situation maybe I shouldnt.

Im at home for the summer working etc before I go back to school. At work I met this extremely quiet girl at work. I started the initial conversations with a simple hi "insert her name". Took a while to get her to say anything else to me and even then I had to nudge her a little to start a conversation. Before this point I was just being friendly but I really like talking to her now. Everything she says seems so well thought out. I really respect that shes not a party animal like most of the people our age. Dont get me wrong I like hanging out with friends but people who just drink to get drunk are a huge turn off. Im not a huge fan of party girls in other words.

We talked some more and now every time I see her I give a smile and receive a very nice smile back. I thought I caught her looking my way a few times and she seems to hang out with me more than everyone else at work. At this point I dont know if shes being quiet or if shes shy or what the hell is going on.

I dont remember how it came up but a bunch of guys I work with were being guys around 17-18 and saw a pretty girl walked by. Topic came up what do you like in a girl etc etc. Most of them said nice body parts were their first choices. I simply answered honestly and said a great smile and a personality to match. Thats seriously what I meant. Someone being nice asked her what she looked for in a guy she said polite and funny.

I see myself as moderately funny as i crack jokes around most of the work day with just about everyone there. I get along with everyone at work and really have never made an enemy in my life(Even when someone gets mad at me I am capable of talking them down and reason with them). I dont know if she tailored it to me but even if she didnt I match it nearly perfectly.

Think she likes me and is just quiet shy or what?

Any info from the opposite sex would help most of all. Any opinions are welcome and you dont have to be sorry for what you say

Sorry for any un-needed blabber but I figured Id overdo it rather than under do it.

Theres only one way to find out, ask her out for dinner some time. I would be willing to bet that she will say yes.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I figured Id do that next time I see her and can talk to her.

Im just kind of hesitant to ask out someone from work as it can lead to more awkward situations.

You are right though.

so what if it's awkward around work. you said she was quiet. so she won't blab about it to anything if you end up being a retard on a date. go for it. you already talk to her as a friend. make it something more.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

almost forgot, quiet girls are usuallly the freakiest in bed too. and also the ones that break your heart in the end. ...break your heart the worst that is...be careful.
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Quote Originally Posted by PandaCivic
    almost forgot, quiet girls are usuallly the freakiest in bed too. and also the ones that break your heart in the end. ...break your heart the worst that is...be careful.
    That is becuase they are the best to begin with.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    That is becuase they are the best to begin with.
    damn it! that's true! i guess i have to treat girls better, and learn more about ANY girl. tired of girls breaking my heart. haha!
    Last edited by PandaCivic; 26-07-04 at 11:58 PM.

ask her out! she isnt the party girl that you talk about not liking and you like your conversations so go for it. What is the worst that can happen? You wont know till you try, and you also have a new friend now.I think this can be beautiful thing!

Quote Originally Posted by PandaCivic
    tired of girls breaking my heart. haha!
    Hell ya

Im kinda iffy cause I just got over a bad one. Well not just but its pretty much out of my mind now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign
    Hell ya

Im kinda iffy cause I just got over a bad one. Well not just but its pretty much out of my mind now.
    when you feel iffy, that means you haven't understood yet why she ripped your heart out. it's best not to know until you die. as for me, i was once told that i was going after the same thing i lost from a previous relationship. and that i go for the same 'type'. how can i go from wanting what i know i want to something different? either way i lose. i like 'em the way my eyes like 'em and i go for 'em the way my heart kicks me in the butt until i make a move. i'm 'hopeless'.