+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Read only if you have time please.

Read only if you have time please.

Overview:
    I have been together with my girlfriend since last August. It has been a long distance relationship from about 8 hours apart. We have gotten together so many times during the year that I have lost count. She just recently moved down here in July at my friend's house and currently pays rent there, it was the easiest way to make things work.

Other details:

She had sex with her ex-boyfriend a few months before we planned on her coming down here. I found out a month before she came down. she said it was done "without thinking" and it meant nothing.

This really hurt me and it took every ounce of my effort to forgive her and make an attempt to forget. And I thought I was doing a good job at that.

After that she made the illusion everything was ok. Then we got into a fight later on and revealed her thoughts. "I think that I should have sex with a few other people than you in my lifetime." Wow.

A few days ago:

She told me she was going to see a movie with her new friend from work (a girl) which I had no problem with. She said the movie started at 10:45pm and she would probably be home around 1pm. Assuming I would be there because we both discussed how I was going to take her to the airport the next morning.

After I got off work at around 9:30pm, I wasted time at my house till I left early enough to get to her house before 1am.

I waited till 2am till I called.

All I heard in a rather quick manner: "ring, ring, ring, hey I`ll call you back in a minute. (click)"

Without any time for me to even say a word.

I texted her at 2:30am asking her where she was (because the theatre she went to was farther away), she said "I`m talking, I`ll be home soon."

I then texted her when she thought she`d be home to which there was no reply.

So I sat there waiting till 3:30am and decided to give her another call. When she picked up she sounded thoroughly annoyed. To be honest I was kind of annoyed as well. She was out at 3:30 in the morning with people she just met and just hanging out at some parking lot somewhere. I then asked what she was doing and she just said "stop being so nosy" and hung up the phone before I could say anything.

I waited till she got home at approximately 4:30am and explained to her that I felt disrespected by her hanging up on me two times in a row.

She said I was acting like her mother or something which I thought was ridiculous. She simply wouldn't give me enough time to talk or anything.

She also accused me of giving her a hard time because she met some new people in the area which was ridiculous as well because I am actually happy she met some new friends. I just believe I deserve a little bit more respect simply because if I did something like this to her she would annihilate me. And she has done so before.

For instance(one of many):

I was playing a gig with my band and we finished playing at 11pm. After the show I checked my phone and had several missed calls from her. She was furious by the time I got home which was about 12am. She was so mad when I got home and called her that she wouldn't even talk to me anymore.

Back to the story:

So I simply just display to her that I feel disrespected and I deserve a little bit more decency. She replied without thought, "Lets just ****ing break up."

After that I had to blow off some steam and come back to talk to her again.

we both talked it over again more calmly and she was still as stubborn as she was earlier.

we both decided to stop arguing and go lay down.

I tried to put my arm around her but she said in a stone cold voice, "no thank you."

I got so upset that she finally showed some other emotion then anger towards me.

as we were laying there she said, "I just don't know if I`m a relationship person. I have to think about this."

I just got more upset and told her this wasn't a breaking up situation, she didnt respond.

She later said that everything would be ok in the morning. But when we woke up it was extremely uncomfortable and awkward. SHE made it awkward. I dont know how.

On the drive to the airport she was explaining to me about the people she met at her friend's house full of so-called "artists". (she didn't say a single thing about going there to me that night) And told me about this German guy she was talking to at 4 in the morning.

Question:

Am I being ridiculous? Am I being unfair? Am I being controlling? Am I just being jealus?

Or

Did I act how some others would? Does this sound like she met some other cool hip artist guy she met that seemed so fresh and new that made me look terrible?

Did showing off to her friends when I called make her feel more negativity towards me?

Please, no responses with anything resembling "you have to think this for yourself." If I wanted to do that I wouldn't be writing this thread. I need solid responses from people who take this seriously. It would really be much appreciated.
    Watch it happen to other people, and eventually watch it happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by fullorange View Post
    Overview:

She had sex with her ex-boyfriend a few months before we planned on her coming down here. I found out a month before she came down. she said it was done "without thinking" and it meant nothing.

She told me she was going to see a movie with her new friend from work (a girl) which I had no problem with.

"I think that I should have sex with a few other people than you in my lifetime."

So I simply just display to her that I feel disrespected and I deserve a little bit more decency. She replied without thought, "Lets just ****ing break up."

On the drive to the airport she was explaining to me about the people she met at her friend's house full of so-called "artists". (she didn't say a single thing about going there to me that night) And told me about this German guy she was talking to at 4 in the morning.
    She had sex with someone.. without even thinking. She lied to you and was hanging out with German men. I don't think she would done such things if she loves/respects you.

Love = Respect.

"I think that I should have sex with a few other people than you in my lifetime." <- No respect at all.

Am I being ridiculous? Am I being unfair? Am I being controlling? Am I just being jealus?
    Is it unfair to know where and how you girlfriend is? I don't think so, buddy. You were just trying to know how and what was she doing? or did she get into some sort of trouble?...

You see bro... she isn't really afraid of losing you. She can find another man while "having sex with other people than you"...

Did I act how some others would? Does this sound like she met some other cool hip artist guy she met that seemed so fresh and new that made me look terrible?

Did showing off to her friends when I called make her feel more negativity towards me?
    I would act the same way. I also would've gone to the movie theater to know if she is doing alright (if it was past 2 A.M.).
    I'm afraid, but yes it does sound like that.

Calling a girl over and over in front of her friends, does show negativity. A little of mistrust. But on the first/second/third call.. she could have just said that she was fine and don't worry about her. That's just my opinion by the way.
    Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.
    - Thomas Fuller