+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back at school

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Back at school

Can someone tell me at what point a persons financial and career potential becomes meaningful to women?

And when women start becoming serious about relationships?

And if those 2 are related?

Because as a junior in college I can tell that the girls are just the same as in high school in terms of what they want, which is fun with a sexy and cool guy who is popular, incredibly social and has style. Not that there is anything wrong with this at all because if I was a girl I'd be doing the same thing

But when do they begin to care about how much money a guy makes and how successful he was with his academic career and actual career?

I'm not old enough to know, but it seems to me that they won't give a rats ass until the day they graduate from undergrad or grad school and are in a job of their own. Like with the flip of a switch they'll start considering those kinds of things

But before that, not at all. I feel like I could be a week away from getting my MD and have a residency set up and they still wouldn't care until I started bringing home one and a half grand a day

What I want from you is a little assurance about all of this. I really think girls don't care AT ALL until the day you get your MD or finish your residency

I otherwise have stopped caring about girls and such as much as biologically possible. But I want to know for the future that I'll be able to set myself up because of what I'm doing with my life right now

It's always hardest this time of year, this week before classes when all the coed intermingling, partying, loud drunken hook-ups, and relationshippy-type stuff happens and I feel left out

The last 2 years I just knocked myself out with NyQuil and melatonin because it's hard to fall asleep when people are romping around until 3am, but this year I've been fortunate enough to see beyond now and care less

But I'm still worried than when I try to get a girl after I'm a doctor that I'm gonna be on the very low end for the doctors because even most doctors will have had some notches on their bedposts and whatnot already

a persons financial and career (I read it as provision) becomes meaningful to women?

About 18 and up

And when women start becoming serious about relationships?

On average, about 30 and up. Before than they are flying in the clouds. They need age and repeated heart break to beat that out of them. Though the age decreases the further away from the western culture you go.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    a persons financial and career (I read it as provision) becomes meaningful to women?

About 18 and up
    What about potential? Does that ever matter?

Every time I think about relationships, I think about the fact that almost all girls you can meet will have had tons of kisses and relationships and sex before I've had any and I panic and start to sweat (literally, as in, I am sweating right now)

girls who don't care about success in college and then suddenly care after, are freeloaders who want to be taken care of. they wanna party in college when they have mamma and pappa to pay the bills, and ones they are on their own having to work a job they hate cause they didn't think much in college, they suddenly want a successful guy. i'm a junior in college and i'm independent and working on a career in architecture and i would never date a guy who has no ambitions. i don't really care about a guy seeking to make lots of $$$, but i do care about ambition and brains. i couldn't give a rats ass about popularity. and in my experience girls like me, who are independent share my values. so maybe you are just looking at the wrong girls. try going for a girl who seems like a ball buster, you might be pleasantly surprised ;-)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinconfusion View Post
    so maybe you are just looking at the wrong girls. try going for a girl who seems like a ball buster, you might be pleasantly surprised ;-)
    I'm not looking for any girl and I'm looking at all the girls. Some simply cannot count- some are excessively prudish and don't want anything to do with males

Either way, you and me probably have very different ideas of popularity. I probably should have defined it better

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinconfusion View Post
    girls who don't care about success in college and then suddenly care after, are freeloaders who want to be taken care of.
    BTW, I don't care about whether or not these people qualify as "freeloaders." Most people in this country are freeloaders already

well you have your answer your self. you said you don't care about freeloaders, which means you don't' care about girls who are just using you. and as for those "prudish" girls, well how do you know how prudish they actually are. guy are too easily turned off by girls who don't come off as someone who would easily "put out". you all want walking sex and then wonder why you get stuck with brainless stuck up bitches, who yes in college want to **** the male version of themselves, and then after college want a sugar daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Every time I think about relationships, I think about the fact that almost all girls you can meet will have had tons of kisses and relationships and sex before I've had any and I panic and start to sweat (literally, as in, I am sweating right now)
    It's better that way though. I've been with a virgin girl before and need for experience is never too far away from their minds. It's better that they've gotten all their cravings over and done with before they settle down.

You should get all of yours our of the way too.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

i think a lot of it has to do with where you live. i noticed that east coast people put a lot of focus on what a person has, what they do, how much they make, how much they can spend, etc... centered around status.

it's much more that way than it is in other places i've experienced.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

NyQuil? I can send you some good stuff instead of that crap.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i think a lot of it has to do with where you live. i noticed that east coast people put a lot of focus on what a person has, what they do, how much they make, how much they can spend, etc... centered around status.

it's much more that way than it is in other places i've experienced.
    i think it's becoming that way globally.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think they consider finances seriously when they start thinking about getting married. Yes, some girls care about that sooner, but typically they are more forgiving about a male having less when they are students. I also don't think it is fair to call females "freeloaders" for caring about their financial future, assuming part of their plan is to have children. Girls who don't consider finances AT ALL are just stupid. It costs a lot of money to raise a child, especially if you intend for them to be educated.

I don't think your problem is about girls wanting popular guys, blah blah blah. I think your problem is that you are hoping they will fall from the sky and land in your lap. They won't, sweety. You are going to have to put forth some effort and learn to take risks.

Nice to see you around again... I missed you.

I started thinking about financial and career potential of partners when I started university... so about 18. It's not the age, but the circumstances that determine it, though. At university I was immersed more in real life, change, and the future.

In high school, I didn't give a rats ass about money or how financially successful or competent guys were. I had this romantic notion that love will be love, whether he's a prince or pauper.

Now I'm cynical enough to know better.

Probably mid 20s when they want to get married. I used to care much sooner but then somewhere along the road, I realize that keeping a relationship when you're too young is hard. So, I have decided to just have fun dating around until I want to get married.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When she decides she wants to have babies she'll find a guy with money and spread for him. When she wants to get off, though, she'll have a cool, sexy guy on the side to scratch that itch. Don't worry. One of these days a woman will come along, mate with you, and squirt out a couple whelps for you to tend. And I'll be there to put a smile on her face.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast