+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Subtle Flirting?

Subtle Flirting?

There's a guy that I like, but he's rather shy and slow when it comes to girls. I heard from a friend that at first he was worried about making my ex mad (they're good friends) - never said he doesn't like me back, and I'm 90% sure that has passed. Another friend talked to him about me, and told me he said I was coming on a little too strong, so I was like, "Oh man, I guess I'll just give up" because that's embarrassing, but this friend told me I shouldn't give up. Again, there's no "he doesn't like you" involved, and the few people who I've talked to about it have told me to go for it. (I'm too scared to ask if he likes me, but I'm pretty sure he flirts with me every time I see him.)

I don't think I come on strong. We talk a lot at parties and I give him the occassional complement, so what am I doing wrong? How does someone subtly flirt?

1st Guys like to do the chasing
    2nd If a guy likes you then nothing will get in the way of him pursuing you
    3rd don't change your personality to please someone else

If I were you I would back off of him and put my own interests and friends first. Don't flirt with him or approach him and that will probably drive him crazy. Like a tango, when you retreat he will advance. If he doesn't advance then he's not interested.

Next time you're at a party or something like that he will more then likely come over to flirt with you. The most subtle flirting is to not flirt at all but be nice and interested in your own thing. It gives him something to chase after.

You don't want a guy who is still worrying about making his ex mad. He's missing an important component of his man parts.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You don't want a guy who is still worrying about making his ex mad. He's missing an important component of his man parts.
    actually it was about making her ex boyfriend mad because the ex boyfriend and this guy are friends

His ex lives 12 hours away (he moved back here after living away) and mine is seeing someone else now, so that's not really the case.

I'm just not going to worry about it and do nothing. If it happens, it happens - thanks for the advice.