+ Follow This Topic

Thread: trouble with long distance college relationship

trouble with long distance college relationship

So me and my girlfriend are currently attending college about 350 miles apart. We've been dating for about 27 months now and when we're together, everything is really fantastic.

The problem is, college has been really hard on us so far, or rather I should say hard on me. While she has adjusted extremely well to being away from me, and has been making new friends and going to all the parties and generally having a great time, I have been hit with just unexplainable depression. Its almost as though I feel as though she's creating some new life without me, and since I'm only going to be seeing her about once a month, she'll eventually drift away.

My main issue is her partying. When we were dating earlier she had no interest in partying, and would spend any free moment with me. I, on the other had, loved to go out and party with friends, and would do it on occasion without her. This bothered her, and I wasn't sure why but when she made that clear, I stopped.

Now, however it seems the tables have turned. I am the one with no interest in going out and partying without her, and she has turned into what I used to be. Worse yet, when I make my feelings clear on the subject she simply tells me "You need to get over it" or "I'm just trying to meet new friends."

I know she would never cheat on me, but I can't help but feel as though she might find someone else. I have no reason not to trust her, but for some reason trust issues keep popping up in my head, and I feel alone since she won't discuss them with me.

I feel bad to admit that it has hurt me a bit that she's so happy. I almost want her to be depressed like me, hurting like me. I don't know why she is able to go out and have fun when all I can think about is her.

What should I do guys?

first of all calm down. relax!!! i know is not easy but theres not much you can do. My case is a lot worse man. Anyways my best advice is to give her space and time. And when your with her make the time count.

Good luck. Long distance relationships are hard. Plus, she seems to have found herself liberated and ready for sex/partying without strings attached.

The typical women nowadays.

not all woman are the same. you gotta know your woman n always think the best of her.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    not all woman are the same. you gotta know your woman n always think the best of her.
    I didn't write "all". I wrote "typical".

I think best of the women I love. Even if I am worried about her all the time...LOL!