+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finding a date online???

Finding a date online???

Ok so since I turned 16 Ive never really had problems finding girls to date. I'm now 24. Ive dated girls that I have met at school, work, from friends and all sorts of other places. The problem is after my last failed relationship im starting to realize that I make alot of comprises in my relationships. Its VERY hard to find someone with EVERYTHING you want. 2 girls ago I had a crazy and passionate/steamy relationship but we had nothing else in common yet my last girl we were so alike it was ridiculous but the passion never showed up. We were basically just friends. I think the problem is that you meet someone, start dating and then learn things down the road that you never new before that end up souring things. I was talking to friends about this and how I just feel like either true love doesn't exist and just some made up fantasy to sell books OR I just cannot find the right person. To my surprise a few of my guy friends suggested online dating and I remember a few couples that I knew that met online and they are great and some married. Some guy I work with met his "perfect wife" so he says on a dating site. However, some people talk alot of crap and look down on this. They think its for people that dont have the guts to go out and find someone or a home for desperate people or even sex addicts. Is this true? Honestly I think it may be worth trying. Im just sick of the same old game. It would be nice to be able to find someone with all the same interest and see what they are like before jumping in to anything. Also with a full time job I realize alot of people just dont have time for that "GAME" any more. What do you guys or girls think? If some of you here agree with it then how, where and what is good?

Why not? You may as well give it a shot. One of my friends found her husband online and they've been married for 10 years now.

A hint: it's worth paying the money for the good sites. The free ones are generally full of people just trying to get laid.
    Spammer Spanker

Yes but at my age do you think ill be able to find anyone or would it be a waste of money? What is a "GOOD" site? The paid ones also dont make as much sense because you would think it would have less people. IDK.

They have less people, but the people are more serious about looking for a relationship, not just a hookup. I don't really know about the youth part. My friend was 30- that's a pretty average age for dating sites.

I suppose you could give the free sites a try and just see what happens. I've never used one, so I can't really help with that.
    Spammer Spanker

Hi there! well, it is already 2009, and things have changed alot, come to think of it, online dating sites reveal a piece of you already, like your preference etc etc and it makes it easier to look at the page, and if you dont like it skip to the next, rather than, getting to know process, having dinner and drinks... all of that takes 2weeks... =D it wont hurt, try it out.

Your right, it is new times now. So I joined Plenty of Fish and setup a profile with some pics and imediately started getting hits by what appear to be very cute and normal girls. Thats good. HOWEVER, I looked over at the guys out of curiousity just to see what my competition was and there were maybe 5 in my entire city that looked as though they may be slightly normal. Most of them were thugs or you could tell they were douchebags by their pic of them doing something with their shirt off. Am I doing it wrong because I just put up a pic of me and my dog

From my experience, how you portray yourself both in your profile and your photo will determine the type of women you attract. When I belonged to Plenty of Fish, I posted a normal head shot and attracted many decent women, one of whom I am still with. You chose a good site. Good luck.