+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First relationship, concious about acne HELP

First relationship, concious about acne HELP

Ok I have been taxting this girl for the past two weeks, things seemed to be going well. The first three times I met her where in the evening, and you see my problem is my acne, which isn't really noticeable or half as bad as it looks during day (obviously)

On thursday I went into town with her to go shopping, and to be honest I was a bit off because I was so concious of my acne but it wasn't that bad, I asked her if she wanted to go see a film on sunday (today) and she agreed. But now im all worried about my acne again because I feel its even worse.

I mean its not covered around my face it only above my top lip and the left and right side of my face where I shave, but im so concious of it I hate it.

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? Shes 17 im 19

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is a common problem (obviously), and I am pretty sure she has noticed it by now. Girls are often able to overlook this. Try some over-the-counter products (there are tons of them.) Or, if it is pretty severe and really bothers you, the best thing to do is to see a physician who can offer you some medications that will help.

I can't see why you think you have a problem.

You met this girl face-to-face several times, and she always came back for more. She even accepted a date to go to the movies with you. Obviously, your acne doesn't bother the girl, so just forget about it when you're with her.

You do need to worry that you let your self-consciousness throw you "a bit off" when you're around her. Quit that. If you mope around feeling "a bit off" every time the girl sees you, that will run her off much sooner than a few pimples might do.

O yesss I can relate. I still get a pimple here and there, but a few years ago I was SO conscious about it, and it really is distracting when you're out socially, especially with a date.

All i can suggest is regular washing with an acne treatment, and using oil-free moisturiser... the moisturiser is important, believe it or not, because if you don't use it your skin make even more oil to counter the dryness, which then causes more pimples. There are also acne serums, etc.

However... like everyone said, your self-consciousness will be more of a turn-off than your pimples, so you really have to try to get over it when you're with her.