+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Here's a situation worth laughing at

Here's a situation worth laughing at

Thought maybe some of you could offer some advice.

At the start of spring semester, I was really digging this girl, older than me. Ended up getting to know her very well. I was pretty sure she was into me too. So towards my birthday (end of Feb) I start planning this elaborate dinner date thing with her, not that there were just a proponderance of romantic locations in that particular town. About two days before that, we're sitting in her room and she says she has something really important to tell me, mind yall she has no idea about the dinner. She then tells me she is, in fact, intrested in me. Then she says "that being known, I have a girl friend." Still went to dinner, cause she's an awesome person, and now we're good friends. When I talk to her, though, she mentions her g/f less and less, and talks about how she misses me and closes her chats with "love." Is anything going on, or am I just reading into this too much? She's not at the school I am anymore either. Thanks.
    If it explains anything, I take my relationship advice from Bruce Campbell

I would really like to tell you she's into - - frankly I think she may be confused in general. It's kind of hard to tell.

If you want to force the issue and risk losing a friend - you can tell her how you feel and see if she has feelings for you.

Of course for me the knowledge she is in a relationship would make me steer clear, becuase if she'll leave her gf for you - - who's to say she wouldn't leave you for someone else? And do you really want to be looking over your shoulder wondering who is trying to move in on your girl when you aren't around?

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

my 2 cents

what are you thinking of doing?

what are you willing to do?

give us some options to give our opinions on...like, "I would like to tell her for these reasons...", or "I do not want to tell her for these reasons..."

you might get more opinions.

I think we are all guilty of giving people their choices instead of advice where they are not sure of which choice to make.

-mildwild
    1) You cannot love someone you do not know. You can only love the image you have of them in your mind.

2) Have you ever told the people you love that you're proud of them?

3) You're one in a million, the universe is big, there is famine, there is war, but that does not make your life, your emotions and feeling, or your goals small, only you can do that.

Sorry it took so long, was out of town...in a cabin. I am thinking of doing nothing. She's a great friend and I love her to pieces and don't want to jeopardize that. Now, that being said, if she wanted to go somewhere with it, I'd follow so fast it'd make gazelles jealous. I completely agree that if I've read anything into this correctly, then she's gotta be all kinds of confused. I'm pretty sure of her feelings because we used to talk about that kind of thing, the word "love" being thrown about like deoderant in a locker room. About how people say that all the time and never really mean it, they just say it and that's it. She said when she says that to someone, it's a feeling she carries with her everywhere she goes at all time. Mind yall this was far before we became close friends. But that could easily be the love of a friend, like I have now. But mine is confusing and I don't really know what it is or where it is. My brain and heart fuzed and are more lost than a sandal in the snow. I have thought about "if she can leave her, what will stop her from leaving me" and I've had two thoughts on it. One (1) it's a possibility that I'm willing to live with, because I am recklessly hopeful. Two (2) maybe it's not the scenario since I don't think she's planning on sticking around with the one she's got and would not be leaving for me, but for her. And hey, I'm paranoid anyway, I'm always looking over my shoulder. And in car reflections. And sunglasses. But only because I fear children with spongebob apparel. Thanks for the replies!
    If it explains anything, I take my relationship advice from Bruce Campbell