+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really Good Advice In Here

Really Good Advice In Here

I posted a week ago, or so and got some great advice. I stated before that I have been seeing a woman for 5 months that I want to marry ,but that I seem to be doing all the pursuing.She is so hot and cold and I get so many mixed feeling from her that I have recently asked her if the feelings are mutual and if she wants to continue this journey we are on. I told her if she wasn't as interested in me as I am her to let me move on. She replied "I need time for love". I replied that I understand that she needs time and I won't pressure. My question is. Do I keep pursuing as strong as I have, or back off some and let her come my way?

love is a tango. If you pursue her she backs off, and if you back off shes SUPPOSED to pursue you. If she is interested in being with you then she wouldn't let you get away when you started showing a little bit of disinterest.
    btw dont marry after 5 months.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Back off a bit. Sounds like you're doing all the work here. If she really loves you and wants to be a part of this relationship, she will put in an effort as well. At least she should. If she doesn't, she may not really be into it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Update! I got tired of the hot and cold(wishy washy). I told her I didn't think we should see one another anymore and wished her luck. She text me back "OK If you want adios" WTF? Makes me wish I wouldn't have sent the text now. I was expecting a totally different response. What should I do?

Get on with your bad self. You were overcommitted in that relationship. You shouldn't be thinking that someone is marriage material until after the infatuation wears off, and you were clearly leaping before you looked.

Bullet dodged. Lucky you.
    Spammer Spanker

No, its a good thing you sent the text. She was showing that she wasnt interested (stringing you along) and then the text proved it.
    If you stayed with her and hadnt sent it she would have broken your heart and youd be wasting your time. and not just broken your heart at the end of the relationship, but you'd be hurting the entire way to the end.
    Dont go groveling back to her, even if she took you back you would go right back to the same situation.

I don't get women? Why did she come on so strong at first, and once I showed her I was committed she changed. I was romantic, honest, and did everything I could to court her. She gave me all kinds of signals that she was really into me. I make a good living have beautiful house and take good care of my body and mind. I put my heart out there and she just rejected it. I just don't understand

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    She's not interested. Move on. Don't try to understand women. She may have been interested, then lost interest.

"Don't try to understand women." its a great advice but even tho we all keep on trying hehe

They always want some one they judge "better". Then they find out that they are old, fat and lonely so no1 else wants them. That's what happens to the prettiest girls who are superficial.

I think that is what happened to her. She was interested but then met some1 she thinks is "better" than u and gave up on u. Thats better for u since it could have happened while u were together so u would get hurted =o\

Always look at the good side of happenings, it will make u a happier and wiser person

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by todd2009 View Post
    Update! I got tired of the hot and cold(wishy washy). I told her I didn't think we should see one another anymore and wished her luck. She text me back "OK If you want adios" WTF? Makes me wish I wouldn't have sent the text now. I was expecting a totally different response. What should I do?
    She never really wanted you to begin with. Sorry dude.

first, I think 5 months is too early to think about marriage. How can you think about marriage if she said that she still needs time for love? You are putting in too much in the relationship. It seems as if she's not really into you for some reason

Wow, yeah with a response like that.. Its a clear indicator to just move on bro. Better now than finding out later when your more attached.

Quote Originally Posted by todd2009 View Post
    I don't get women? Why did she come on so strong at first, and once I showed her I was committed she changed. I was romantic, honest, and did everything I could to court her. She gave me all kinds of signals that she was really into me. I make a good living have beautiful house and take good care of my body and mind. I put my heart out there and she just rejected it. I just don't understand
    Looks like you gave up too much too soon.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~