+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh My God, I don't understand women?

Oh My God, I don't understand women?

You meet a woman, you get on like a house on fire. Everything is going well and you're smitten, so obviously you want to contact them. But if you ring and text message them too much they lose interest? You're too clingy. So if you play it cool and nonchalant, they don't care either, and they're certainly not gonna text you first. So it's been three days or so, and you wanna text them but the signals are mixed and you don't know what to say!

Same sort of thing, you meet a woman. You go on a date with them, everything goes well, you can tell they had a good time and you had a blast. You take them out again, maybe sneak in a tongue at the end of the night or whatever, everything is going peachy, this girl could be special. And then out of nowhere they turn cold and uninterested, I call it the third date curse. They don't wanna kiss you anymore, they avoid your kisses, your approaches, everything goes tits up! WHY? WHY? WHY?

I don't get a. what women what from men when they meet them. OR b.why women can turn so cold and distant so quickly? It's like it happens over night.

God I don't understand women.

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    How old are you? As women get older, they generally become more mature about these things. Alternatively, you left a bad impression after a few dates.

It doesn't sound like you're playing your cards right. Why don't you be specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Stevens View Post
    How old are you? As women get older, they generally become more mature about these things. Alternatively, you left a bad impression after a few dates.
    I totally agree!!
    Spanked by Frasbee.
    Spanked again by Gigabitch. What, Kara? You don't learn?

Nobody understands anybody. People have trouble making up their minds and want to persue their own agenda while trying to spare each other's feelings. What you end up with is a lot of confusion you have to shrug off. People are vaporous. When they "solidify" they're worth emotional investment. Tread the waters as they do.
    Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My god, what have we done to you?

If I really like a guy Im all for hanging out with him every second of the day.
    where did you fu(k up?

I'm 22. I thought everything went well for the first couple of dates and she was texting me saying how much she wants to see me and stuff, I think on the third, I took her to a mate's BBQ and got a bit too drunk and made a bit of an idiot outta myself.

With some of the other girls, I just don't get the impression they want to spend much time with me, they're always too busy, too this, too that, too hard working, God it's like seeing the Pope. I dunno "where I went wrong". Can't I just be myself instead? When I'm with them tho, they're telling me how good looking I am, how much good company I am. So I don't know.

I would prefer people were just honest with me, don't worry about my feelings, I'm a big boy, I can take it.

Well getting drunk and making an idiot out of yourself is not what a girl is looking for on the third date.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Well getting drunk and making an idiot out of yourself is not what a girl is looking for on the third date.
    Yeah true, but I'm shy, I wanted a drink to liven me up, but at the same time I overdid it.

But a lot of ex-girlfriends have found it funny when I'm drunk and not cared, and just liked me for me, plus I was really drunk when I first met her. Why should I have to act like Cary Grant or someone 24/7 round a girl? I should be allowed to let my hair down without thinking it's the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    This is credited. You probably made an ass of yourself and ended the relationship. If she got drunk and made you feel similarly, would you want to see her again?

If they're too busy, they're uninterested. Move on. Work on volume. Find another girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Stevens View Post
    This is credited. You probably made an ass of yourself and ended the relationship. If she got drunk and made you feel similarly, would you want to see her again?

If they're too busy, they're uninterested. Move on. Work on volume. Find another girl.
    Yeah I would wanna see her again if I liked her when she was sober. Someone being inebriated doesn't really bother me, I see it pretty much every weekend in all the bars and clubs I go to.

as for moving on, I know it's good advice, I just find it hard to meet people, so when I meet someone I like moving on I find hard too.

Let me get this straight: she met you while drunk, you drank again, and you hit the bars every weekend? You probably came off as a drunkard. I'm not saying this is a good or a bad thing; I'm saying it's one reason for a relationship-seeking woman to ignore you. She wants a boyfriend, not a drinking buddy.

Well I'm using her as an example, but I'm not just talking about her, more women in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran1987 View Post
    You meet a woman, you get on like a house on fire. Everything is going well and you're smitten, so obviously you want to contact them. But if you ring and text message them too much they lose interest? You're too clingy. So if you play it cool and nonchalant, they don't care either, and they're certainly not gonna text you first. So it's been three days or so, and you wanna text them but the signals are mixed and you don't know what to say!

Same sort of thing, you meet a woman. You go on a date with them, everything goes well, you can tell they had a good time and you had a blast. You take them out again, maybe sneak in a tongue at the end of the night or whatever, everything is going peachy, this girl could be special. And then out of nowhere they turn cold and uninterested, I call it the third date curse. They don't wanna kiss you anymore, they avoid your kisses, your approaches, everything goes tits up! WHY? WHY? WHY?

I don't get a. what women what from men when they meet them. OR b.why women can turn so cold and distant so quickly? It's like it happens over night.

God I don't understand women.
    I'm a woman and I get exactly the same thing with men, so it's not a gender-exclusive thing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast