+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just a fun question for the guys out there :D

Just a fun question for the guys out there :D

Ok for those who have seen The Ugly Truth starring Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl, you know how Gerard Butler character is a "man whore" rude, blunt, etc, etc

so if guy has tried acting this way to women has it ever got you the girls you wanted? just wondering

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    Gerard Butler is hot enough, and Katherine is insecure enough, for it to work in a fictional way. Results may vary when you change these two factors.

I haven't seen the movie. What worked for me was being a smart-ass type of guy when talking, but at the same time being polite with other strangers. If girls are into bad-boy type but with room for being polite and keeping important manners, they fall like peanuts.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Yea it depends on the guy's overall personality. If he's just a man whore with a suck ass personality then no matter what he does the girl won't fall for him, at least I wouldn't.

I'm a reformed badboy. I can confirm that badboys pull many girls. Before my daughter was born and I became one of the good guys I could pull a different girl every day of the week.

As it is the reformed badboy thing is something women go nuts for. Knowing my former reputation then seeing me holding a little girl and playing tea party... finding women has never been a problem. I will say that when I reconnect with old friends and they recount tales of my former glory and the girl I am seeing hears those tales... the sex is always much better that night.

Girls love a badboy, and women REALLY love a reformed one. I may be button down now, but I can still pick up my guitar and play, the leather jacket may get more time in the closet than it ever sees the light of day, but it's still there. I'm still the big tough guy, only now instead of running the streets all night I read bedtime stories and make homemade italian from scratch for dinner and pull out a few candles.

Women really like that. Women like alpha males, and seeing a badboy grow up into a good man.... Well lest's just say I doubt I will ever have a problem with women.

;-)

You can't be something you're not. Women know it. Other people know it. Be yourself.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Badboys, sure.

Assholes, dickheads, and losers... not so much. (Gerald Butlers character)

And yes there is a difference between badboys and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Badboys, sure.

Assholes, dickheads, and losers... not so much. (Gerald Butlers character)

And yes there is a difference between badboys and the others.
    I really like this point. I think there's a thin line between someone who successfully skirts cultural norms and someone who is rude and obnoxious.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's a very thin line, and hard to determine too. But I do still believe there to be a difference.

And we know movies are all fiction... especially this one. Boy doesn't always get girl in real life.