+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need help, fast!!

I need help, fast!!

Ok I was friends with this girl since 10th grade. She was in a long relationship at the time with a guy (they were together for 5 years). They later broke up over this recent summer. She then dated another guy within the summer, and broke up again.

I'm in 11th grade, and so is she, and she is starting to talk to me a lot. She walks with me from one class to the next. Then walks with me to my bus.

Today, twice, she hinted towards wanting to ask me out. The first time she said something like, "hey do you-... never mind". I ask "what?" and she replied "nothing".

Then as we were walking to the bus she again said, "hey would you-... never mind".

That time I let it go. I'm pretty sure tomorrow or in the very near future she'll bring it up again. I like her, but I don't think I LOVE her. She's a great friend, and a great person to talk to but that's all I want it to be.

So what do I do when she brings this up again/asks me out? What could I say to her that wouldn't hurt her? Just to let her know I like her, but I don't love her?

By the way, a like a different girl in one of my classes so I'm trying to work on a relationship with her.

how do you know what she os going to ask you? she might say ''hey do you mind....doing me a favor?''

If it is what you think it is then you just be straight with her, what else can you do?

Well she never really walked with me to my class and what not. And if it was a favor, I don't think it would be to hard to ask. Especially having to ask twice and stopping.

I just don't know how to respond if she does ask me out though. I don't want to hurt her feelings as she's been in 2 recent break ups and now being denied...

Meh, this sucks.

It does suck, but I admire you for knowing that you can't lead her on. There is no way to reject someone without causing pain, but you CAN give her a gentle landing. Just be straight with her ... tell her you value her friendship enormously but you just don't think of her as more than a great friend. Painful for sure, but sincere and somthing she should be able to understand.

Carl.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can just say that you don't see her that way and continue to walk with her around ... Show her that your friendship hasn't changed because of it.

PS: You don't have to LOVE her ... you don't know her know her yet!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."