+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 30's and 40s Single Scene

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Is this a summer suit? lol
    Not quite. That's more Fall or Winter attire (note: I'm not a dead comedian with a bowtie either). A summer suit is usually a lightweight tan colored suit. Like this:

[url]http://www.suitsmen.co.uk/suit-images/full-size/brook-taverner-esher-summer-jacket-1.jpg[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i would know immediately that a guy was not for me by seeing him come to our first date in a summer suit.
    This does not come as a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Cam, the best way for you to meet women of your social class is to attend events you enjoy where such women might be found.

See if there are any groups of interest for your city here:

[url]http://www.meetup.com/[/url]
    Thanks--I checked into the local scene. Somewhere between moribund and putrefied. Realize that the "dating scene" here (like most of America) is composed of aging Baby Boomers trying to get laid so as to justify their chin tucks, boob jobs, and Hummers.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Not quite. That's more Fall or Winter attire (note: I'm not a dead comedian with a bowtie either). A summer suit is usually a lightweight tan colored suit. Like this:

[url]http://www.suitsmen.co.uk/suit-images/full-size/brook-taverner-esher-summer-jacket-1.jpg[/url]
    Why is it that Cam always brings to mind all the things I find attractive about males?

I love a summer suit --- regardless of peer pressure and what have you.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What the f-ck is a summer suit??
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not the average Californian. I dress that way because it makes me feel good. Plus, I run into everyone everywhere--the president of my organization, politicians, business leaders in town, etc. So, half of it is because it makes me feel good and half of it is because I live in a "fishbowl."
    I don't really consider where you live to be "city". I don't think your expectations are in line with community standards. (yeah, i'm pretty familiar with that area, and it's pretty darn casual.) I think if you want to dress "New York", you should move to a big city like NY. Either that, or tell your dates in advance that you plan to wear a suit.

move to ireland, there are plenty of women here, too many in-fact. last time i checked there were 5 women to every 1 man, meh dammit, it sucks for me, altho lately i dunno what has been happinin' but there is somethin' in the air with me. anyway cam just a thought for you to consider.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Responding to a few of the above:

Yeah, it is casual here. I find that it isn't just the attire, though. It is also a mentally-casual region of the world. The locals have brains that are often arrested in terms of use...sort of a Jeff Spiccolli view of the world..."hey, dude, just take a pill and chill." Definitely avoid all serious discussion...that the modus operandi of nearly the entire California region.

In terms of Ireland, I LOVE IT there. Been there twice on two extended stays. The women there are a load of fun. Many are so attractive--physically and mentally. Ireland is a state of mind and I've always enjoyed my time there. If not Ireland, somewhere else...but, I have definitely discovered that in the long term, I don't want to stay where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Why is it that Cam always brings to mind all the things I find attractive about males?

I love a summer suit --- regardless of peer pressure and what have you.
    Bravo! Absolutely, dress up and live up. A better way to go than dressing down and living the Nick Nolte ("Down and Out...") lifestyle. No wonder the national mood is so somber...too many people are mucking about in their own shit; no day is special; no mood is special...yet, they call it "freedom" and personal happiness. BS

I remember looking at pictures of poor relatives from 100 years ago. Poor, mind you. And, they nearly always dressed nicely. Modest means but they spent wisely on the things that mattered most (rather than squandering it on crap from the gas station convenience store and cable tv).

BTW. Men would behave better if women expected men to behave better. Women are great at making rules and enforcing them. Men will do nearly anything to gain the respect and love of a woman. Make the bar higher for men and believe me, they'll make every effort to make the leap. Let me live and act like slobs and still gain access to the Secret Garden and...believe me, they'd have no incentive to live up rather than living down.

But, remember...men will expect women to improve, too.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, it is casual here. I find that it isn't just the attire, though. It is also a mentally-casual region of the world.
    That's interesting. I've lived here since I was 5, and that has not been my experience. Of course, I live in a much more densely populated area than you do.

Anyway, I thought you were in Nevada.

Oh my goodness....thats terrible! Im in the age bracket you described and live in England and I can assure you....I, and most of my friends, would deffo make the effort! That includes having a bath, styling my hair, putting on makeup, wearing a nice outfit (and usually getting changed 5 times before I find just the right one!) or even buying something real nice to wear on the date ....matching underwear, nice accessories, make sure Im wearing perfume and am smelling nice.

Maybe shes a little outta touch with the dating scene? I had an ex bf that, on our first date, raved on and on about his ex wife and how she let him down and moaned on about his problems!!! And then went into detail about his sex life and how all these women found him attractive!!! hehee.

Maybe just a sign of the times. I mean, dating in my 20s was soooo much simpler....no mobile phones, no computers/cyber sex etc, just good old fashioned courtship where the date would turn up with a bunch of flowers. Nowadays people just dont put the effort it, perhaps.

Good luck Im sure youre princess is out there somewhere!!

I've actually noticed a trend with first dates: if she wears her most comfortable sensible shoes or sandals, there's no chance we're going on a second date. Whether that be due to outlook on the world or just that she's not serious about "dating", I dunno. Regardless, bet the same holds true for you, CAM.

that's kind of strange dressing-wise, yes cam. who doesn't make an effort and goodammit why would anyone talk about their past relationships?! and boo hoo's..lol that's just madness to me. i dress up whenever i'm not working quite honestly. when i head out the door to the bank i know i look nice for a date too. i'm dressing to feel good and it does. and to be fair i don't understand why it is so difficult for a woman to make a little effort. it's insulting to you really. i would feel insulted if the situation was reversed quite frankly
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 24-09-09 at 01:08 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast