+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Female Colleague

Female Colleague

I have this female colleague with whom I am very close to for the past year. We used to have breakfast together and eat lunch together. Our department usually go for lunch as a team and we usually sit together during lunch. But a couple of months ago things changed. She no longer have breakfast with me and she avoid me utterly during lunch. She either spend time with other girls or other colleagues. When she has the opportunity to sit next to me , she sits with other colleagues instead. Even if by chance we sit together, she will hardly speak to me. Instead she will make small talk with other colleagues and the other girl, ignoring me utterly. Even if I speak to her, she will give 1 sentence reply. But still she talk quite alot with me during office hours. While I enjoy talking to her during these hours, it is cutting into my time at work.

I just do not know why she avoid me during lunch?

Maybe she is seeing somebody that works with her, and she doesn't want him to see her talking to you, and during office hours he may not be around when she talks to you. That is the only thing i can think of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks. But I do not think so. My office isn't that big so if she is dating someone in the company, he will spot her talking to me.

But she can also use office as a cover, she can simply tell her boyfriend it was a strictly business talk and nothing else. At lunch it would be harder to use that as an excuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe somebody asked her if you two were dating and she suddenly realized that you might be getting the wrong idea from her. It sounds like she's being very clear that your relationship is strictly business. It's possible she's got a boyfriend now and wants to make sure she's not leading you on.
    Spammer Spanker