+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel Like Sharing My Fail Attempt Tonight, LOL

Feel Like Sharing My Fail Attempt Tonight, LOL

hopefully this will give some encouragement to the guys who've been shot down and feel like it's the end of the world. So there's this girl that I've noticed come into the Starbucks where I like to study a few times. Tonight, she sat right next to me which I saw as the perfect opportunity to talk to her. I figured I would ask her for a highlighter since I really needed one and girls love to color shit (serious). It turned out she didn't have one. So I followed that up by poking fun at how she's the first girl I've come across who doesn't carry a highlighter - no reaction, not even a smile. I guess she wasn't having any of it. So I turned my attention back to studying and pretty much ignored her the rest of the night. Oh well, at least I got a chick's number last night. haha

Lol am I the only guy that still uses "Hi" or "Hey" to start conversations with girls?

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    I don't think you would like to be pegged, either. "You're the first guy who doesn't know the score to the Dallas-Carolina game." I would think harder about the conversation topic, without resorting to gender essentialism. I know it's hard, but I think that women are more attracted to what they perceive as intelligence. By flirting with her as you did, you put yourself in a bad spot.

Alternatively, she was in a bad mood, a serious relationship, or not physically interested in you.

I'm surprised you didn't even get a negative response for that one. Most girls really wouldn't appreciate such comments, as they tend to make a person look cocky. How come you tried to pull it off using that approach?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't even get a negative response for that one. Most girls really wouldn't appreciate such comments, as they tend to make a person look cocky. How come you tried to pull it off using that approach?
    neo is probably too excited and forgot to use his brain

should have prepare some creative & catchy opening
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Yea.. like whoa... I can never get what I'm reading but I manage to top it off like it's my morning coffee!

Or hey is that a mosquito on your neck? Let me get rid of it.... SMOOCH, and then you get a slap. Barter system used here so no harm done

Or maybe you can start acting random (no, don't become like the MASK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

doppelgaenger says:

"I'm surprised you didn't even get a negative response for that one. Most girls really wouldn't appreciate such comments, as they tend to make a person look cocky. How come you tried to pull it off using that approach?"

I wanted to talk to her and really needed a highlighter at the time. So I just went with the flow. Honestly, it doesn't even matter what you say to a girl most of the time. It's how you say it. I had a smile when I remarked about her not having a highlighter to let her know I was just teasing. If she laughed or smiled back, then I could have carried the conversation from there.

Wallace Stevens says:

"I don't think you would like to be pegged, either. "You're the first guy who doesn't know the score to the Dallas-Carolina game." I would think harder about the conversation topic, without resorting to gender essentialism. I know it's hard, but I think that women are more attracted to what they perceive as intelligence. By flirting with her as you did, you put yourself in a bad spot."

loveadmin says:

"neo is probably too excited and forgot to use his brain. should have prepare some creative & catchy opening"

I love how everyone is a critic but won't say what they would have done in my situation. haha

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    loveadmin says:

"neo is probably too excited and forgot to use his brain. should have prepare some creative & catchy opening"

I love how everyone is a critic but won't say what they would have done in my situation. haha
    okay.. it's true. if i would to put in your shoe... i may end up even worse.. probably chicken out

LOL.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

i would have taken that as you always are approaching many women and using the excuse of asking for a highlighter since you did say she was the *first* (assuming of many previous) to refuse. i would have smirked actually at the stupidity of it. i love silly approaches tbh.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

girl: (sees a hot guy.)
    neo: can i use your highlighter cause i know you girls like to color.
    girl: i don't have one. (you freakin idiot.)
    neo: you're the only girl i know who doesn't have a highlighter.
    girl: (note to self, never carry a highlighter.)
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

She thought you were gay 'cause only girls like to color.
    Spammer Spanker

I wanted to talk to her and really needed a highlighter at the time. So I just went with the flow. Honestly, it doesn't even matter what you say to a girl most of the time. It's how you say it. I had a smile when I remarked about her not having a highlighter to let her know I was just teasing. If she laughed or smiled back, then I could have carried the conversation from there.
    Look, I get the part about the highlighter. I was questioning your verbal approach. Why did you say "You're the first girl ever to not have a highlighter"?

Obviously, what you say *does* matter. Granted, the deliverance and expression are important, but no matter how attractive or confident you may come off, if you open your mouth and a bunch of shit comes out, that will turn a girl off, I assure you. Lesson #1, girls actually listen to what you say. Not only that, but they might overanalyze, too.

Here's an example you might relate to; when I was a freshman in college, some girl started hitting on me in class. Well anyway, someone sent her a text while she was talking to me and I asked, "You bring your cell phone to class, eh?" because I am studious and I never take mine unless I know I won't be coming home after class. Even then, I turn it off. She said, "What?! You don't bring your cell phone to class? You're like the only person on campus who doesn't!" I realized what a stupid bitch I was talking to, and I just kind of shrugged her off.

Well, we don't know very much about the situation. All we know was that you were sitting in some Starbucks, a girl caught your attention and youasked for a highlighter and said some stupid shit afterwards. Assuming she was reading a book, I probably would have instead made a comment on that.

"Oh, communist manifesto. Say, what's your opinion on Mearsheimer's Liberal talk, Realist thinking?"

"Those glasses make you look intelligent. A.) I'd appreciate it if you'd read my paper and share your opinions. B.) What do you know about [whatever you're studying for]? C.) I don't think I've seen you around here before. What are ya doing in [City name]?"
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 30-09-09 at 02:05 AM.

ecojeanne says:

"i would have taken that as you always are approaching many women and using the excuse of asking for a highlighter since you did say she was the *first* (assuming of many previous) to refuse. i would have smirked actually at the stupidity of it. i love silly approaches tbh."

it's nice to know how illogical a girl's mind works hence why I don't care how they perceive me. As a student, I'm surrounded by female classmates and they always color their notes with highlighters. I noticed this also in undergrad. I needed one so I figured I would ask this girl if she carried a highlighter on her. But you can assume that I always use that pick-up line.

yeah, girls reject you because they're illogical. mm hmmm.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast