+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I told him I liked him...wrong thing to do?

I told him I liked him...wrong thing to do?

I met a guy a few months back and instantly liked him. I was sure he liked me back, he got a bit flirty with me etc. Anyway I found out some of his interests etc when we'd been chatting and I invited him to go to an event with me. So we went and had a good time and decided we'd go out again sometime, so we did, we talked/laughed for hours. He said he'd really enjoyed etc. Found out a few things about him, single, no kids, only child, living with his folks at present, only a few miles from where I live.
    I told him I liked him and I'd enjoyed our dates, he said that he'd enjoyed my company too and that hopefully there would be more good times to come!
    I said I hoped so too.
    Well, I've heard nothing from him in 4 days, when we'd been speaking every couple of days on the phone or in person. Was telling him I liked him the wrong thing to do?

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    No, it certainly wasn't. Telling him that you like him is par for the course.

"single, no kids, only child, living with his folks at present"

This fact worries me a little. He may be too attached to his parents for a serious girlfriend. These men tend to have issues. Growing up, one of our neighbors was one such person, and none of his relationships turned out well.

So why would he say that he hoped there would be more good times to come if he didn't mean it?
    He could have just said he enjoyed my company and left it at that!
    When I told him I liked him,i meant just that. I didn't mean I wanted to drag him down the aisle and have his babies!

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    So why would he say that he hoped there would be more good times to come if he didn't mean it?
    He could have just said he enjoyed my company and left it at that!
    Because like women, sometimes guys lie about their feelings too cuz its easier.

But he might not be lying. There could be another reason he hasn't contacted you in the last 4 days besides not liking you.