+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do when shes constantly teasing you.

What to do when shes constantly teasing you.

I was watching my friend flirt it up with a girl last night. She started teasing him during the flirting and frankly at one point got kinda mean. After we left I was talking to him and he said that that happens a lot to him and doesn't know what to do when the flirting turns into teasing turns into flat out insulting.

To me it looked like she was just trying to damage his confidence. Some women seem to find that flirty. I told him that next time she is like that to tell her "Look your crossing a line with your attitude. I'm not going to want to continue talking to you if you keep acting this way."

Spoke to a female friend about it and she thinks I gave him the wrong advice. She seems to think he should get equally as teasing and mean as this is the girls way of showing you she wants it. Frankly that makes no sense but what do you girls say?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

That's what happens when a man loses his pimp-hand with a woman; he's now the beta in the relationship and I think you almost always have to cut bait when that happens.

Mind, I'm a guy so take that advice accordingly. If a guys happy being treated that way (and many are) then more power to 'em.

what exactly did this girl do that was considered "mean" or "insulting"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

"Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die" -James Dean

Sounds like he goes for bitchy women. They aren't all like that, but he attracts them like a magnet.

He's a bitch magnet.
    Spammer Spanker

This isn't about gender at all... it's about respect between two individuals. The woman he was flirty with was either purposefully or inadvertantly pushing the limits of how much BS he would take -- which shows an utter lack of respect.

The fact that your female friend is advising you to accept that shows that she does not respect you or doesn't respect men in general.

Take away the idea of gender, is it right for one person to tease and insult another?
    No.

Does this concept change when you add gender to the mix? Does it change because she's a woman?
    No. A man is still an individual worthy of respect toward their feelings.

Your friend is a fool for putting up with this, as it'll just translate to a lack of respect in whatever subsequent relationship he has. Your female friend is an even bigger fool for telling her male friends to accept disrespect from females. If she follows her own advice she will only consistently tear down the men she is with until they eventually leave.

This manner of behavior is destructive.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL bitch magnet.

I would so not tell her in that "please be nice to me tone" as you've suggested. But hey, I'm known to go the more vulgar root. If a girl dissed me (and I was a dude- don't care how much I wanted her or how fine she was...) I'd just say: "wow, you're pretty snotty- later" walk away. In fact getting burned in the form up straight up rejection hurts a helluva lot more than dissing her back, then you just invited yourself into a dissing match. The exit is KEY. That's my 2 cents.

girl68 is right in the idea that she's being immature and your friend shouldn't have to play into her game.

Just call it like it is -- "I'm not playing this game. Bye."

It's amazing how many women out there think that just because someone is male they're suddenly not a person anymore. Real shitty way of thinking...

Yeah but it seems to be the stigma that girls can get away with damn near anything if their at least cute.

We were all at a Subway Sandwich shop and he got up to go to the bathroom. Once he was in she talked everyone, but me, into leaving the place and "hiding outside". Sounded like a load of shit to me so I simply didn't go. My boy comes out of the bathroom and was all stunned and looked at me and I said "She thinks shes being cute. Shes outside"

We cleaned up and went outside where the flirting between them continued. She started trying to tickle him so he started grabbing her hands and what not and then she kinda started getting rough. We all walked around for a while and she started to basically insult him about his shoes saying he didn't know how to dress and had no style ect... I eventually went home.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Yeah but it seems to be the stigma that girls can get away with damn near anything if their at least cute.
    It's only that way if a man allows himself to accept it, to endure it. Remember, if women are acting like bitches it's because they think they can get away with it. Learn from your friend's mistakes... understand that you do not have to tolerate such immaturity in a woman -- or anyone for that matter.

Not to be vulgar, but sometimes the sex just isn't worth the aggravation. I mean, how can you feel like a man when a woman is constantly talking you down? There isn't enough sex in the world that can overcome constant negativity.
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 02-10-09 at 05:46 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

She started trying to tickle him so he started grabbing her hands and what not and then she kinda started getting rough. We all walked around for a while and she started to basically insult him about his shoes saying he didn't know how to dress and had no style ect... I eventually went home.
    Duh, because I can't tell you how many men let a gal get away with shit like that, ESPECIALLY if they're cute. Even if they're butt ass ugly and the dude is honry- they can get away with damn near anything.

In bold I'd say that's flirting... If your bud REALLY hated it THAT much he could have spoken up in a polite way.

The other part about burning his shoes/ style that's uncalled for. However- if she was part of the group and your buddy didn't do anything about it, hell what do you have to loose? "And that hideous babydoll that looks like lingerie with shoes that gladiators wear is what? Better?!" Shake your head walk away. I think that would be positively priceless.

Edit: again the exit is key or else she's going to go off on your ass. (But boy will she feel bad...)

Do girls feel bad when the guy just says F U and walks away? They typically do all sorts of screaming at me and then I loose whatever mutual friends we had haha. I dunno if I should be the one advising him on this but I'll get em to read this thread.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Um, Graham, i have another thought. Was she...fourteen?
    Spammer Spanker

No she is 23 haha
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

What a little asshole. Next time, you guys should leave by the back door and drive by her hiding in front of Subway. Maybe flip her off, if you're feeling sassy.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do girls feel bad when the guy just says F U and walks away? They typically do all sorts of screaming at me and then I loose whatever mutual friends we had haha. I dunno if I should be the one advising him on this but I'll get em to read this thread.
    NO! Because that's just like saying "bitch". You don't get to the root of the problem. Now everything just thinks you hate her. However by either calling her out on it in some forum, she'll know what's up.

Oh yeah and to add if you diss her then you have back up... well I said that 'cause she was dissing your shoes. But if you just call her a bitch or FU- you're not really saying anything to her, and all your friends just think you're a dick. You'll probably look like a dick no matter what but at least you can back it up.
    Last edited by girl68; 02-10-09 at 06:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast