+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new man online is coming on TOO strong...

new man online is coming on TOO strong...

OK, so I met this gorgeous looking man on line and we started chatting and getting to know each other. Next came the phone. At first he started saying nice things to me like I am very sweet and very nice and pretty which was fine.

We continued to chat everyday and then he had to go on a business trip. Then he started to get overly romantic with sending me romantic love poems with words about our wonderful kisses and such. We haven't even met in person yet! He said is worried about loosing me...

He says he can't stop thinking about me and how pretty and wonderful I am. We plan to meet when he returns from his trip but I don't know now. Should I say something to him? Does this sound odd?

he sounds like he is the desperate type. hes probably a stalker...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

"Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die" -James Dean

Yeah, he sounds mental. Be careful, lest you find yourself in the trunk of his car.
    Spammer Spanker

This guy was reading the book "TALKING TO YOUNG WOMAN" before he went on a murder spree...watch out for the psychos!

[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/05/pennsylvania.gym.shooting/"]http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/05/pennsylvania.gym.shooting/[/URL]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

Quote Originally Posted by rose36 View Post
    ok, so i met this gorgeous looking man on line and we started chatting and getting to know each other. Next came the phone. At first he started saying nice things to me like i am very sweet and very nice and pretty which was fine.

We continued to chat everyday and then he had to go on a business trip. Then he started to get overly romantic with sending me romantic love poems with words about our wonderful kisses and such. We haven't even met in person yet! he said is worried about loosing me...

He says he can't stop thinking about me and how pretty and wonderful i am. We plan to meet when he returns from his trip but i don't know now. Should i say something to him? Does this sound odd?
    * FAKE PlCTURE ALERT *
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 03-10-09 at 04:35 AM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    * FAKE PlCTURE ALERT *
    very very true

Hey Rose36, where online did u meet this "guy"?? if u dont mind my asking...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I met him on match.com
    an now his profile is gone

the problem is he knows my last name and it would be easy for him to find me. should I meet him in public and see if his photo is real? and then leave?

Hmmm.

A smart man is cautious if he's serious. He sounds like he lost cautiousness a long time ago. At best he's an idiot of some sort(how good's his poetry?) , at worst...

Er on the side of caution always, with yourself...and your children if you have them.
    Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My god, what have we done to you?

i think you might be a little crazy yourself. sane people know what the story is. don't become another stat. stay safe. do not pursue this
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I would be very cautious also. Most guys (normal ones anyway) don't profess their feelings so quickly without even meeting first. I'd put off meeting him for as long as you can so you can keep seeing how he acts, in case it gets worse/more creepy. If you do decide to meet him, do it in a very public place during the day. In the future, be careful about giving out too much personal information, it's not worth the risk and 99.9% of guys will completely understand your concern about it.

You might also want to ask for info. to "validate" who he is. Perhaps like adding him as a facebook buddy and you can see whether he's the real deal or not. If he creeps you out, then un-friend him or whatever.

I am friends with some people I met online. Some I actually met in person and some I didn't...but I can see that they are real people with real lives behind them.

I'd put off going any further online until you meet him, which obviously should be in a safe public place. I had a very negative experience with this.
    Last edited by Primo; 05-10-09 at 01:20 AM.

i would say, dont waste your time meeting him...find someone else who is sane
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rose36 View Post
    the problem is he knows my last name and it would be easy for him to find me. should I meet him in public and see if his photo is real? and then leave?
    do that then run a background check on his real name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast