+ Follow This Topic

Thread: not friends anymore

not friends anymore

I have a very close friends at work and we were extremly happy, extremely close.
    He used to fill my day with joy, songs, cheers he was all around me.
    I used to take his advice for every single detail of my life.
    Suddenly a small fight happened and I feel like I got a hit on my head, I felt in love with that guy.
    I hate my self for loving him, we've been around for a year as a friend and I NEVER thought of him more than that. there were times were he would come to talk to me and I tell him I'm busy with work. I was very balanced and suddenly my world is messed out.
    at first he kept asking me "is something wrong? are you angry at me?"
    and I kept trying to avoid telling him that I love him.
    and then finally I told him "I'm a bit confused and I feel its more than friendship"
    and he told me "we are close friends not only friends"
    and that was our last conversation

I feel so low now, he started ignoring me (even though I havnt annoyed him with my feelings nor chased him, I even deleted his number from mobile so I wont be tempted to do something crazy) and I feel like a piece of crap.
    I cant stop thinking about him, and I feel low of my self, the person who was my best friend ever now is ignoring me because ...

Its been a week like this and I cant get my sanity, and I'm losing my mind

why haven't you told him how you feel? do you not want to be more than friends with this guy?

I told you I hinted to him I'm confused and he started ignoring me totally

Maybe because you guys work together and he wants to be professional. What is that small fight about? Is it because that small fight that you found yourself in love with him? Anyway I can totally feel how you are feeling now. Me and my bf used to work together and I was his translator. I was attracted to him from the very beginning. I also told him that I like him. But he said we should keep professional cos that would mess the work out. I felt soooo bad cos I wanted him but could not get him but still had to face him every minute. The only difference is he didn't ignore me. I left the company finally and here we are now, bf and gf in a relationship. So you really like him? not just crush? Then maybe tell him the truth and tell him not to ignore you or the problem, tell you what he thought when he knew about your feeling. I don't know if this can help you. But if you really like him, I think you can work on that and I wish you all the best.

Besides, many sweet couples starts from close friends. But kinda risky, you know. If it goes well, you can keep that close friend and also turn him into sweet lover. But if not work, you may lose your best friend. So you really need be sure first how he feels about you. Like my bf, he wanted to keep professional and refused me at that time, but he kept doing some little things from which I knew he actually likes me.
    Last edited by Katherine; 05-10-09 at 09:22 PM.