+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flowers for a Girl... Yes or No?

Flowers for a Girl... Yes or No?

Ladies,

Please answer me this question.

Do flowers really make that much of a difference?

In this country they might be viewed as a 'bit cheesy' especially by the younger generation. The brief history is: Known this girl 6 years now... we met and were intimate and spent a bit of time together but it went wrong when she quickly discovered she was pregnant by her ex.

She then tried again with him for the sake of a baby... two years passed and it didn't work. I had let go and we hadn't spoken for 3 years when she got back in contact with me, jealous that she had spotted me out with another girl. We talked for a year... we talked about meeting again... I tried to help her build confidence... she was low about herself and had put on weight.

I tried to help her find her real dad. Then, we fell out over something so small I can't believe and didn't speak for some 8 months... We have recently been in contact again, she is confident and has lost weight and looks good - I am happy for her but I guess the last fall out has crossed me off her list for good.

I have always held a candle for this girl, more so than any other but accept friendship and want her to be happy even when and I know that will not be with me. I wanted to try and help get a friendship back off the ground... she is such a busy girl these days but I do want to be forgotten - I regret the fall out which was initially her fault and also a bit of mine.

I was going to send friend type flowers.... and say....

'Please do not be mad or over-react at me for sending these, I have never tried to see you unannounced and I have always been someone you can trust 100%. I wanted to say sorry for my part in our little fall-out last year, I was stubborn and stupid. I have always felt a connection with you along with a feeling that something was left unfinished and of all the girls I have known - there was always something different about you. These are not roses, I do not want you to get the wrong impression from me as I only want your friendship for the future and hope that you will consider this apology in time, should you ever need me for advice or anything - I will be there as your friend. Yours the one and only ....'

The only thing that worries me is I do not have her current address but can get it... will this make her mad though? She does seem to have a temper and well.. I just don't know she might feel invaded... she is an odd one.

I have accepted that Im not for her and she isn't for me but because out of all the others this girl made me feel a certain way, I still want her in my life as a friend.

What does everyone thing... typical bad male idea?
    Last edited by Confused__Man; 08-10-09 at 10:11 PM.

I don't see anything wrong with extending an olive branch to mend a friendship.

I would take out the 3 words "for no reason" though cuz it sounds like you're blaming her lol.