+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please Please help with advice..

Please Please help with advice..

Apologizing in advance for the long post, please bear with me......

Ok so my b/f and I broke up 3 months ago after a year long relationship. He said that he loves me but didnt feel like he loved me enough to stay together cause if his feelings didnt increase for me in time it would just get harder to break up in the future. Long story short we have talked via phone, IM and email several times during this time period and he is always expressing to me that he has never loved anyone more than me and he knows that I am perfect for him but he has not been able to bring himself to love me 100%. During this break we have both dated other people, me a few different guys and him just one other girl. Im just not happy with anyone else....I love him so much. I know its meant to be between us...I know he is my happily ever after.

Last night I found out he was out with his friends so I "accidently" ran into him. This is the first time I have seen him since we broke up. He was shocked and he just kept holding me and hugging me. He told me there is no one else like me and it breaks his heart to see me knowing that he broke my heart. He took me by the hand and took me outside where we could talk. I told him that I was never happier in my life than I was with him, I am miserable now without him. he says he is miserable too and that he wishes he could be the man I need him to be. The thing is he is everything I need him to be...I dont want him to change at all. He kissed me outside and then apologized for it saying he didnt mean to do it....with that kiss he meant it, it was more than a pec. Some of his friends pulled him inside and a different guy friend of ours told me to go in and dance with another guy and pretend I dont care and it will make my ex want me more...make him jealous. It didnt work because like 5 min later he told me he was leaving. He held me for a long time again saying goodbye and how good it was to see me then he kissed me 4 more times. These were not kisses between friends they were kisses between lovers. When I got home I sent him an email that I have no regrets as to what happened but to please not respond to me (because I just couldnt deal with it if he did). I know he is still dating another girl and yet this still happened. Mind you she is not his g/f, they are just dating.

Ok so here is the whole point of this....I am not giving up on this. I want to fight for him. I want him back now, not later, now. So do I tell him this, just tell him Im not taking no for an answer, I want him, I am prepared to fight or do whatever it takes......OR do I follow everyone elses advice and just pretend Im ok, that Im happy and dating and make him jealous? It does not seem fair to me to use someone else in my ploy to get him back but isn't that exactly what I would be doing in order to make him jealous.

Im just so confused but Im tired of waiting for him to come to his senses. I need this man, he is my everything. Advice would be appreciated very much!!!

if he didn't snap up the opportunity for a reconciliation that night then it may mean he is still unsure of his feelings towards you.

he knows how you feel because you told him...so try your best not to force you guys back together, if it's going to happen, it will.

I can see the confusion though sounds as though he is giving you mixed signals.

brokenhearted, there's no such thing as fighting for someone. You can let someone know how you feel about them, open your heart, bare your soul. That's it.

We can't force someone to be with us. It sounds like he's trying to move on, but is torn. Let him know how you feel and see what happens. We all know it's no fun, that it hurts, we've all been there in one way or another.

I hope it works out for you !

the only thing you can do is move on or act like your moving on. Its really hard to get over someone. I went through the same shit and for me it didnt work out the way i wanted it. If hes dating someone then you should start dating too. him dating means he is trying to move on. if he wants you then he would stop dating and start chasing you RIGHT NOW.