+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex wants to catch up but not talk about us???

My ex wants to catch up but not talk about us???

Me and my ex-girlfriend broke up a month ago today. We've recently been in contact by email and have agreed to meet up at Christmas when she is back from uni.

The e-mails went well and friendly she was asking me a lot of questions about stuff and she even replied to one email at 1:15am! Here's how they went:

She said she is "Well up for a bit of a catch up!"

So I replied "Me too! I just hope we can also talk about us as well tho, and how we feel at the time. Don't you think?"

And she said "Well we said we'd meet up for a drink n catch up anyway, think that's how it should be."

I replied "Yeah we did but, I would have thought that will make it worse for both of us just to 'catch up'. Won't it? I know it definitely will do for me! Is there no way you would even consider it? (i'm referring to talking about us)"

She replied "Yeah fair enough but we have been through everything so many times, don't see it doing much good doing it all over. What do you want to talk about specifically?"

I replied "I don't want to go over everything again either. I was referring to what we would feel like at that moment in time if we did meet up that's all. If we feel any different at that time maybe we could talk about it, do you understand? But lets just say for now we'll meet and catch up, yeah?" - she hasn't replied to this yet as it was only about an hour ago.

I really wish I just left it as we'll just catch up and didn't bring up talking about us, I feel annoyed with myself

I'm not going to bring the 'us' talk again. I just plan now to meet up, plan a nice day out and not even bring it up when we meet up and maybe i'll find she might bring it up first.

I'm sort of still confused as to why she want to meet up with me though. What does everyone think, What is she getting out of just catching up with me?

Is anyone else going/gone through this?

Any views will be appreciated!

rofl

she's a typical woman. she wants to stay on amicable terms with you. it's a good defense.

she doesn't have any romantic interest in you anymore. if i were you, i wouldn't give her the benefit of knowing she doesn't have any enemies. you don't have a chance with her anymore

just move on and find a new girl

I dunno... I do believe deep down she does have a romantic interest in me

She replied to that last email and said: "Yeah think that's the best thing. Have a good eve xx"

The fact that she still feels she wants to meet up with me regardless of what I said to her earlier, must mean there's something there no?

Your reading into this too much. She doesn't want a relationship with you anymore.

You're setting yourself up for heartbreak.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

if you guys were headng for some kind of reconciliation, why would she avoid talking about 'us'?

agree with above...dnt get your hopes up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Your reading into this too much. She doesn't want a relationship with you anymore.

You're setting yourself up for heartbreak.
    Maybe I am reading into this a bit much but, if she didn't want a relationship then why would she want to meet up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    if you guys were headng for some kind of reconciliation, why would she avoid talking about 'us'?

agree with above...dnt get your hopes up.....
    I'm not getting my hopes up i'm just going to see how I feel at that time, I might have changed a lot when she is back.

I don't think she wants to talk about it now, its only been a month! Maybe she needs more time.

I mostly agree with the others, you're reading into it too much and getting your hopes up.

I don't think it's out of the question that she might be coming around though. If she wanted nothing to do with you she wouldn't bother reaching out for a meeting.

The best advice I can give is expect nothing. Play it cool, don't talk about the relationship and show her the guy she fell for in the first place.
    Last edited by jackyd232; 12-10-09 at 04:35 AM.

I mean really. Sounds like she just wants to be cool with you.
    AND THATS IT.

women aren't like men. if it was a guy, it would mean he wants to **** you

unfortunately (for you), it's a female. she just wants to be cool with you, to protect herself from having slut rumors going around about her, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
    women aren't like men. if it was a guy, it would mean he wants to **** you

unfortunately (for you), it's a female. she just wants to be cool with you, to protect herself from having slut rumors going around about her, etc.
    ......huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    ......huh?
    why else would she want to be cool with him? it's obviously a result of some stupid paranoia, to protect herself