+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some advice...

I need some advice...

Hey everyone, I'm in a weird situation right now, and I'd really like some advice. I met this girl on facebook about 6 months ago. I messaged her and we got to talking on msn. We talked alot for a while, until she started seeing this guy from out of town. in that time, I didn't talk to her much. I had a feeling this relationship would not work out, as he lives outside of town, and lo and behold, he dumps her. He was obviously involved with someone else out there, but I don't know the details. Anyways, she broke up with him about 3 weeks ago. We started talking frequently, although I will admit, I initiated the conversation most of the time. We would talk on the internet, then started to have phone conversations, and she was leaving subtle hints to me like calling me her "lover", in a joking manner, talking about her ass to me. There were also many other subtle hints that I was picking up on.

Well, couple days ago I met her. The conversation was great, she would laugh at alot of the things i said, there were no akward pauses in the conversation, and we seem to have bonded quite well. I really like this girl because we have alot in common, we like the same music, we are the same backround, we both smoke... I was suprised because I thought it was going to much worse. Anyways, it comes to the end of the date, and the bus comes. I guess she thought I was leaning in for a kiss, because she made this kind of dodging motion, and we just hugged. When i got home, i messaged her online and joked "no kiss?" to which she replied "was I supposed to kiss you?". I guess it was my fault to assume that something was going on between us, but so we talked on the phone that night, and thats where thing started to get messed up.

I think my intentions were quite obvious to her, and when we talked on the phone, her words were "Dont take it the wrong way, please. It's not you, I just don't want a relationship with ANYONE right now" which is understandable, because it's only been like 3 weeks since she broke up with her boyfriend. I kind of took it the wrong way, to be honest. I was just disapointed and a bit hurt. I said to her "how do i know you're just saying this, and you're not going to end up with another guy in like 2 weeks?" and then she got angry at me, and said she was offended, because it shows what i really think of her, and how what I had said just reminded her of her ex. She started to wimper. Thats when I was like ohhh man, what have I done. I told her not to cry, and that i was really sorry for saying something like that. We had an extremely akward conversation after that, full of silence and huffing. I felt like shit. I was like, what about in the future? To which she replied "I don't know, I can't say what the future holds, but right now I don't want to be in a relationship".

The next day, i called to make sure everything was alright between us, and I apologized for everything I said. I tried to patch things up. That night, she texted me after work, and we texted back and forth about stuff not related to last night. The day after, I called to see what she was up to, and she was heading out of town for a bit. That night she was all drunk and texted me again. We talked for a bit, and haven't talked since...although I swear she is talking to me through lyrics in songs...perhaps I am over analyzing it.

What I want to know is, is hopes of a relationship with this girl over? I mean, we get along extremely well, and i really like her... You think she just needs time to recover from her last relationship? What should i do now? I'm thinking of keeping my distance for a while, as maybe i was coming on a bit strong...maybe she'll miss me? Aww....I don't know, but im hoping some of you guys can help me out...thanks.

Give it a couple of days and let her see your point of view. She knows you like her, don't take too long to get back to her..

Ill first start off with this. If you are ALWAYS the one starting the conversations then that might be a hint that she isnt that interested. I would seriously just ask her if she would be interested in you when she is ready to date. What is there to lose? Dont waste time in your life wondering "if". She could just be playing games to get attention.

I think it is right to lay off for a while. She might just be playing with you. She wants to date but doesn't want a relationship. She might just be using you to get over the previous boy. Or not. It's your choice. You have to "feel" her.
    love is the best thing in the whole world.