+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being controlled. Do girls like that?

Being controlled. Do girls like that?

My girlfriend is the type of girl that cannot control her temper. She trys to act all tough, but she's really very sensitive, and soft. She has an EXTREMELY strong personality, and is the biggest hypocrite you have ever seen. And i LOVE it all, sadly...
    Now that we're on long distance. She's being a little controlling
    Do girls like when they can control a guy? Should I not let her? Or should i give in?
    I dont mind doing whatever, as long as it makes her happy, and as long as we make it through the distance..
    Thanks in adv everybody

How long have you guys been together? That kinda crap would piss me off and eventually I wouldn't be able to tolerate it. She's probably just insecure though.

And everyone on this forum is gonna give you shit about how LDRs don't work - which happens to be true for the most part.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No girls do not like being able to control their boyfriends. If you let her control you she'll just end up acting like a bitch and she won't have any respect for you and eventually she'll just go and f-ck someone else. The end.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

strong personalities tend to be domineering.

We've been together for 2 and a half years almost now
    She allows me to control her, but i dont do it half as much as she does .
    So yeah
    thanks for the advice though

Controlling people tend to be very selfish

What type of things is she controlling about?? Does she still have manners like when she tells you to do something and after you do it does she say thank you and then kisses up to you or does her mood still stay constant?
    I am the type of girl who likes the man to be the dominate one. Not rude or treats me like a slave or anything, but I want him to take control and make the plans of what we are doing for the weekend and stuff like that.
    But, if it is something I dont like, I will speak up and voice my opinion or just say No.
    Relationships should be give and take. I think both should be the right amount of controlling and since you are posting this thread it makes it seem like you ARE getting bothered by it.

Quote Originally Posted by biger_beter View Post
    I dont mind doing whatever, as long as it makes her happy, and as long as we make it through the distance..
    You sound like a doormat. You stated that you like her strong personality but just remember that being the beta in a relationship is going to leave you open for a lot of controlling and bossing around. If you don't have a stronger personality than her, you're going to be the girl in the relationship.

Women want men that make them feel safe and a milquetoast is eventually going to be cast aside, just as Charlie suggested.

What would make me happy is if I had a man with his very own spine. If my husband let me push him around like that, I'd lose respect for him. He's super nice. He's a pleaser. he wants me to be happy but he would NEVER put up with the shit you've been putting up with.
    Spammer Spanker

It's not a matter of being a guy or a girl or "girls liking this or that kind of behaviour". Would you like it if your girlfriend just lay down flat on the floor and let you walk all over her? I hope not. At least I wouldn't want my partner to just let me push him around. That would be quite a turn off. He's a boyfriend, not a pet.

If I did have a boyfriend he'd probably be my boyfriend because I fell in love with him and his personality. He should stand his ground.

It's definitely not a bad thing wanting to make someone happy when you love them, it's quite natural, but know your limits.
    Last edited by ellie; 14-10-09 at 03:37 AM.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

She's controlling about things like. Dont go to so and so party, your ex is going to be there. She freaks out when i go to a gathering where there are lots of girls. She doesnt like me talking to girls on the phone alot, etc etc.
    All these things started after we had sex. (we were both virgins)
    We're just trying to make things work out with long distance.
    And in return i AM allowed to control her. She'd listen to whatever i ask, but im just not AS insecure as she is.
    So i should let her control me, but just not ALL the time? Even if it would piss her off?

You should respect her and respect your relationship, but you don't have to cater to bizarre demands.

That being said, is her desire that you not talk on the phone with girls "a lot" so unreasonable?
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The problem is not a matter of controlling. The problem lies in her insecurites. It doesn't sound like she trusts you.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've known women like that. Most of them just want a guy who has the spine to stand up to them but the smarts not to go too far.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What would make me happy is if I had a man with his very own spine. If my husband let me push him around like that, I'd lose respect for him. He's super nice. He's a pleaser. he wants me to be happy but he would NEVER put up with the shit you've been putting up with.
    Your husband sounds like my girlfriend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast