+ Follow This Topic

Thread: lost for words.. opinions?

lost for words.. opinions?

I recently started dating a co-worker that was in the process of getting a divorce. Since I knew she was getting a divorce, I was hesitant (with good reason) when she approached me to go out on a date . But after talking with her and finding out more details I ended up agreeing to see where things may go.

She was married to her husband for a little over 3 years and about a year of that according to her was constant fighting,bickering, and name calling. She got to the point where she "realized" the feelings she had for him werent there anymore so she decided to press forward for a divorce. She made it very clear to me that she didnt want anything to do with him anymore. The constant fighting, name calling and putting her down was more than she could take.

Papers were signed all the I's were dotted and all the T's were crossed. The papers just needed to get served to the husband.

We dated for about a month or so. Wasnt anything too serious but we did make it clear we didnt want to rush into things and our ultimate goal was a long term relationship.

We both were on the same page. All was well, or so I thought.

One thing after another just happened within a few days. First, her dad had a heart attack and he was in the hospital for a few days. He pulled through and was released. So I was with her for that.

A few days after that she told me she wanted to take a "break" that she had a lot going on between work, her dad and the divorce so once things settled down we could try it again. I thought the same thing. Perfectly understandable.

So a few days go by and I havent heard from her. I tried calling her a few times over the course of a few days but she didnt pick up. So I texted her. Telling her I missed her and was wondering how everything was going with her. She replied. "I dont know what to say to that. Didnt you know? Im back with my husband so I dont want you talking to me anymore." With me being in a bit of shock I just let it go. Didnt say anything back or even tried to call her.

So what gives? How could someone go through the whole 9 yards to get a divorce. Only to flip a switch and abruptly get back together? Makes no sense to me.

She definitely played me like a fool.
    Last edited by orly; 15-10-09 at 06:07 AM.

thats harsh, she could have at least called and put you in the picture...gutless!! and I would think better for you in the end...or even a lucky escape.

My opinion- you've dodged a bullet. Aren't you lucky? Start dating someone else immediately so you're not tempted to go back to Crazy Town when the mayor (your co-worker) calls you back.
    Spammer Spanker

At first I was upset but the more I think about it I realize I did dodge a bullet with this one. It sure could have gotten ugly. Shes on vacation now out of state but when she gets back shes going to be in for a surprise. She got transferred to another store. Unless someone else was kind enough to let her know before hand. Or it very well could have been planned. She could have put in a transfer request but either way I'm just glad I don't have to see her at work. Dating co-workers never is a good idea.

Big bullet dodged! The most notorious type of "rebound" relationship is the potential partner who is getting or just got a divorce, and you're her first relationship since....this isn't an exception....you're much better off!