+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confusing it's making me sick

So confusing it's making me sick

Hi all,

I will be as brief as possible. I am in a very difficult situation.

I am 24 years-old. I have been dating a 22 year-old for more than three months.

A few weeks in, I said that I didn't see more than a casual relationship blossoming. About six weeks ago, she said that we are seeing each other too much and that she is getting attached, which, she noted, "is not cool."

She admitted that she was afraid of getting hurt; she said that we should feel free to see other people. I said that our relationship had evolved and that I now viewed us as more than casual; I said that I am not, and did not want to see other people.

We left it at that and didn't speak anymore of it until this past Saturday night.

After getting drunk, she said, again, that we are seeing each other too much and, "I don't love you, you're not the one, I'm not going to marry you."

She then invoked her ex-bf, who broke up with her after three years. She said, "be happy I'm telling you this after three months, rather than three years." She said I had no idea what she went through; I told her I had a similar experience with my ex-gf.

Later that night, she brought up what I had said more than two months ago about just viewing our relationship as casual. She asked me why I said that.

I told her that it was a mistake and that I love her (yes, I said it), and that clearly our relationship is more than casual.

When i asked whether I should just leave and never see her again, she started to cry. The next day, I said that we need to be on the same wavelength; she said, "no," we are not.

She also said she is torn between whether or not she should commit to me. She said she is struggling with being happy; she might be depressed.

So, we spent the next few days together. When Monday night rolled around, I asked her to call me to make sure she got home safely. Instead, she said, "I want you to come over with me." I said "OK," and then went on: "You do realize we've spent Friday night and all of Saturday, Sunday and Monday together. That means something." She said something to the effect of, "I know."

We have plans this weekend (we have seen each other roughly 50 times in three months and she has already planned events for us for next month). Let me also say that I have been nothing but a complete gentleman: I care for her when she's sick, make her dinners, go on midnight errands for her. It must be clear to her how amazing of a catch I am.

What the hell is going on?

Do you think she is afraid to commit because she doesn't want to get hurt again? Do you think she is pushing me away, trying to distance herself not because she doesn't want to be with me, but because she doesn't want me to end it?

Thank you.
    Last edited by whatdoesitmean?; 16-10-09 at 11:54 PM.