+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: christians.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    I don't hate you misombra ! Heck if I knew you, I'd make you put this anger and energy into the bedroom and have a religious hatef*ck until we were both too sore and swollen to walk ! :-D

Now back to the point :-P I know what you're saying, believe me, but in reality religion isn't causing any of these things, mankind causes these things. Religion is just a moral shelter to hide behind while they commit these atrocities.

Kind of like the old saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    i agree that it's a moral shelter but i also think it's a great motivator. plus guns are something we can hold in our hands. god and religion is not. it's all in peoples heads.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why doesn't everyone just follow ME.. and then all of your problems would be solved because we would be too drunk to care about anything else.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    eco... i guess you weren't talking to me because i know that god isn't a religion. but everyone still should follow me..

or atleast follow me to the bar...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

god... religion... it's all the same lame fantasy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    To clarify MVPs point: There is a simple logical problem with the
    "well, then who created the universe?" argument:

If God created the universe, then who created God?

Its the same question, just one more level up. Since it doesn't bring one any closer to an answer, its a pretty worthless argument.
    God is a spirit, not a person.
    Asking who created God is like asking who greated Oxygen.

there is a clear, scientific answer to how oxygen is created.

misombra please stop deleting posts. they are not stupid. plus i do know how to spell. i dooooooo!
    Last edited by misombra; Today at 12:56 AM.
    ^^^lol *snicker*
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 19-10-09 at 07:57 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

You're right there is a scientific explanation for it.
    So my comment was pretty much... lame then.

But there is no denying... there is a good energy, a force and He is whom we label a god.
    For example... the Secret is all about believing and having faith. That is God.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8"]YouTube - The Secret: 1st 20 minutes[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    misombra please stop deleting posts. they are not stupid. plus i do know how to spell. i dooooooo!
    Lmao! True. That is sad though Misombra. You shouldn't be deleting posts just because you don't agree with what they are saying. that's a misuse of your authority.

coco, i respect that people believe in god. that is fine. what i don't agree with is all the atrocities in the world his fans have committed. then after committing some of the worst atrocities ever, they can act like they are superior to the rest of human kind.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    coco, i respect that people believe in god. that is fine. what i don't agree with is all the atrocities in the world his fans have committed. then after committing some of the worst atrocities ever, they can act like they are superior to the rest of human kind.
    ah just like you lot
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Lmao! True. That is sad though Misombra. You shouldn't be deleting posts just because you don't agree with what they are saying. that's a misuse of your authority.
    coco, the posts i deleted were not posts of disagreement. they were of eco telling me i'm a ditz and stoopid and all kinds of other misspelled insults. i have also deleted my own posts engaging with her. so therefore it is not a misuse of my authority.

no i didn't misombra! you better stop before i call you a dourke.

^^sad mis lol
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 19-10-09 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    coco, the posts i deleted were not posts of disagreement. they were of eco telling me i'm a ditz and stoopid and all kinds of other misspelled insults. i have also deleted my own posts engaging with her. so therefore it is not a misuse of my authority.
    Oh okay! Then keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    You're right there is a scientific explanation for it.
    So my comment was pretty much... lame then.

But there is no denying... there is a good energy, a force and He is whom we label a god.
    For example... the Secret is all about believing and having faith. That is God.
    The Secret is a ridiculous new-age faux religion that basically tells adults that fairy tales and wizards are real. I believe in the psychological principle that focusing on positive things engenders a positive attitude, I believe in the sociological principle that people are attracted to to others in the state they want to be in (i.e., if you want to be happy, you are attracted to happy people), and I believe that a positive attitude affects the way people treat you and perceive your strengths / weaknesses. However, I think its a load of bullshit to say that there is a magic fairy-tale universe that reads my thoughts and gives me things.

For one, many thoughts are conflicting and the universe cannot grant everyone their thoughts.

Secondly, I followed the principles of the Secret. As a teenager, I thought of Beyonce pretty frequently; however, to date, she has never visited my bedroom. I've never even met her.

Thirdly, the people who made the Secret are scam artists and retards. The guy in the Secret who is the financial guru who tells you that by writing over his bank account statements his situation improved, actually improved his financial fortunes by ****ing over investors, lying to them, and swindling their money to the tune of £800,000.

The physicist on the Secret believes that we can solve terrorism by creating a Vedic Defense Shield: we build a center to house 60,000 monks who just meditate the world's problems away.

A better summation of the Secret is this video, courtesy of the Chaser's War on Everything:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo"]YouTube - The Chaser's War on Everything - The Secret[/ame]
    I could go into much more detail on physics and logic to explain just how utterly absurd nearly every single claim in the Secret is, but its kind of a waste of time.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast