+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Possibly an overasked question..

Possibly an overasked question..

I'm just wondering what factors determine what you look for in a guy when it comes to a relationship. I try so hard to be a good guy and in my last relationship was so committed. Being in a relationship makes me feel wanted and happy and i don't see things as all about sex. however it's the assholes that end up with the girls. This makes my confidence level pretty low because i am told i'm attractive and all my ex's regret breaking up with me.. so i guess i need to hear from a female what it is that you look for.. i guess it's different for everyone but input would be appreciated

Here's my 2 cents (I'm a guy though):

1. If someone tells you looks aren't important, they're bullshitting you - you have to at least look presentable. Also, if you look like you take good care of yourself and got your shit together that's a big plus. Looks aren't anywhere as big of a deal for girls as it is for guys though.
    2. Girls want guys that are popular that other people like. This is the one thing that confuses me the most but girls like guys that other girls approve of or like. So if her friends say good things about you, you're practically in.
    3. Girls want a guy who is confident and can take care of her and make her feel safe. They want someone who can take charge; be in control; in other words, someone who can be a man and not a little bitch. (Is this why girls like guys who are tall with broad shoulders??? Some girl answer this please)

I try so hard to be a good guy and in my last relationship was so committed. Being in a relationship makes me feel wanted and happy and i don't see things as all about sex.

Yea.. except no one cares about your commitment except for low self esteem girls. If she wanted to feel accepted and happy, she has friends for that.

What you just said is the equivalent of an ugly fat girl saying "I have such a nice personality, why don't guys like me?"'

What I'm trying to say is that being a nice guy is a good thing, but you gotta have the other bases covered, or it's meaningless. Would you date ugly (and I mean ugly) fat girl if she had a great personality? I thought not (if you said yes, you must not have a lot of options or you have self esteem issues).
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 19-10-09 at 03:36 PM.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/ask-female-forum/19874-top-5-tips-part-2-a.html[/url]
    Spammer Spanker

^ That works after you get the girl but most guys have trouble on step 1.

Sorry, but being a good guy is not enough. There has to be a spark. Girls don't fall for assholes for the sake of it. (Plus not all girls fall for bad boys etc etc) With assholes, there usually is an element of excitement and attraction. Attraction is built on chemistry, and there has to be a spark. With a nice good looking guy who really is a nice guy - well it doesn't matter if he is the nicest guy in the world or the most committed guy in the world - you don't decide who to start a relationship with based on logical facts such as "He is a committed and good looking guy therefor I should start a relationship with him".

It doesn't work that way. You don't "analyze" and then come to a conclusion like that.
    What Sanctuary said is also true. You have to be confident etc.

But I think, it's not possible to just say "I want a guy who is funny, committed, clever". An answer like that is not a real answer. No one can decide who to fall for, therefor, it's very hard to say exactly what makes you want a relationship with certain guys.

If you want a typical answer, then yeah he has to be clever, outgoing, social, caring, interesting.

But again, the real answer to your question is: He has to know how to create real attraction. And what creates attraction just depends on the person
    Last edited by ellie; 21-10-09 at 01:06 AM.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

You know what works for me? Believe it or not, I like guys to be nice. Really nice, like holding doors open for old ladies and rescuing stray dogs nice.

Either that, or a fireman's uniform. Hubba hubba.
    Spammer Spanker

I like nice guys too. There is nothing wrong with being nice. It is not the niceness itself that is the problem. If a good guy has relationship problems it's probably due to something else; the niceness has to be combined with confidence and an interesting personality.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

Well i have actually found and returned 4 dogs in my 4 years living in Minnesota haha. But that's beside the point.. i just had to throw it out there. One of them made my beloved car real dirty with his muddy paws