+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to go to the next level?

How to go to the next level?

To summarize the past in a nutshell:

I have been "friends" with this girl for almost 6 months. I met her while i was a student and she was my teacher (it was an internship that lasted 6 weeks). On the last day, i said i wanted to take her out, and she agreed. We had a great time, and continued to meet up to "hang out", mainly dinner/drinks. On the 4th or 5th time, she became very upset about a practical joke that went too far, and said she needed time to think about what was going on here. She and I talked and she stated she felt things were going too fast, and that she wanted to take a step back, be friends. Nothing physical had happened yet, mainly because I liked the way things were developing mentally and didn't want to pressure the situation.

Well, i agreed to it, and we didn't hang out for almost a month. We talked maybe once or twice during that time. Then one day, i just decide to pursue her again, and she agreed to hang out. From that point, about two months ago, we have spent almost every weekend together, doing things such as hiking, wine tasting trips, dinners, golfing, movies at home, and trips to the beach. She has even brought me to parties with her. But, i have never once tried to make a physical move, nor attempt to talk about what was happening. She calls me much more now, and emails as well. She has opened up, talking about how she has been depressed until i came along. But she also mentioned that she meets so many men and no one impresses her, she gets bored so quickly with them. She feels she will remain single forever...a statement i thought was a detriment to my plan to make her my girlfriend.

Well, i am getting to the point where I am hooked on this girl. I feel I know her well, but cannot decide how to take it to the next level. The reason being, I am not sure whether she really feels the same way. She has talked to me about more personal issues as of late, but at the same time has not invited me to a party with her co-workers last week. Also, she has started a new rotation that keeps her on night shift, making it difficult to see eachother.

Basically, i feel like things were solid and now drifting. Yet, i find myself thinking of her just as much, if not more. I know i can make her happy, and I know we are a good match, yet, i am scared to find out if she doesn't feel the same way.

Help!

it's worth it to try. you've already put yourself ahead of everyone else by being in some kind of acquaintance with her. all you gotta do now is ask her how SHE feels about you. you can start out by saying, "what if you liked me? wouldn't that be weird?" say it sarcastically tho. see if it makes her smile. and then jokingly tell her, "how come you don't grab my ass?" depending on how you and her act around each other, you're golden. the hard part would have been if you never took her out before and you have to gain the nerve to ask her out. you've done that. ask her how she would like to be the next thing you care about. or be what is on your mind 24/7 and her knowing it. i miss that feeling, so you just go ahead and do what i say. ask her foo!
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Have to agree with PandaCivic. Don't pass up your opportunity to ask her out or you might regret it! You'd never know till you try... Good luck!