+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance Relationship help

Long Distance Relationship help

hi everybody,

So i've been dating this girl for about 5 months now. we don't live in the same state. she's in california and i'm nyc. we went to the same school but i moved back to the city in the summer. while we were together we were inseparable. she would always ask me about what was going on with me. we always went out and did everything together. when i first came back home we would always text and call each other a couple of times a day. now for the past couple of weeks i get texts here and there and she never calls anymore. we hardly ever video chat anymore.

now i forgot to say that this is her first relationship so i've been in a couple. I've been thinking about ending it but i'm still in love with her. and i know she loves me too. maybe she just don't know how be in a relationship.

....what should i do???

It's difficult to maintain a long distance relationship. Is there any indication that either one of you will move closer to each other? If not, this might be a lost cause. If yes and you still love her and she feels the same then talk about it with her.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

The most important thing is you knowing it, that you still love her. If you still want your relationship to work, I think both you should be doing something. If you've made too much effort already but you're not receiving the response you've expected, there might be something wrong. If it seems to be the case, I think it's not bad to see her in person sometimes, to show how much you love her that you sacrifice your time. If I were her, I'd find it really sweet. Moreover, it's more different when you're physically together.