+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope you can help out! :)

Hope you can help out! :)

I have a problem....Ive known this Girl for most of my life. were best friends were like brother and sister. I have developed just now STRONG! feelings I dont know if its ok to let her know or would that doom our friendship.

Any help would be appreciated.

it is best to let her know. just make it simple like asking her out on a date. and if you get rejected, let her know that the friendship means so much so you need to take some time to get over her.

if you don't let her know, then you'll just be tortured on the side. imma also take a guess you usually pay for everything when you are out hanging out. so yes, let her know so you don't waste your time, money, and feelings. i mean, being rejected, then getting over her, and being bak to friends is way better than just being wrapped around her finger for many many more years.

wow never thought of it that way.

see the thing is...Ive known her all her life. she is like a sister to me...but im easily how can i say this...easily controlled by women.

Allways nailed it, but let me add: You need to be VERY clear that you asking her out on a romantic date.

Eeew. I have a "like a brother" guy I've known since the day he was born and believe me, he really IS like a brother to me. I would never, never, never see him romantically and if he saw me that way, it would be completely awful to me.
    Spammer Spanker

I do have to agree with Gigabitch. I have a "brotherfriend" and if he felt that I would be squicked out to no end. I think I would still want to know about it though.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinlove69 View Post
    I have developed just now STRONG! feelings .
    Just now? LOL. I'd say your first problem is to deal with the concussion from that recent blow to your head. If the doc checks you out okay, then come back and ask again.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    Allways nailed it, but let me add: You need to be VERY clear that you asking her out on a romantic date.

Yea. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Eeew. I have a "like a brother" guy I've known since the day he was born and believe me, he really IS like a brother to me. I would never, never, never see him romantically and if he saw me that way, it would be completely awful to me.

I honestly think thats the whole situation and might have to be what it comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    I do have to agree with Gigabitch. I have a "brotherfriend" and if he felt that I would be squicked out to no end. I think I would still want to know about it though.

Yeah. but i dont know about letting her know....im kinda undecided

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Just now? LOL. I'd say your first problem is to deal with the concussion from that recent blow to your head. If the doc checks you out okay, then come back and ask again.

Well we been hanging out alot more than before.

Um...! Let improve your relationship step by step, I mean , try to show her how much she mean to you and care for her much more than before.. Then she'll notice that you've got a bit changed....Let's notice for her reaction whether she like the way you treat her as someone special more than sister or not? If she likes, It mean " Yes " Let's give her a romantic date.bit if her reaction shows that she doesnt like " NO " better keep your relationship as ( Sister & Brother ). Don't make it lose, at least you can see or contact someone you feel for everyday.

if she mentioned you and the word brother in the same sentence, I dnt think there is any point in telling her, you might alienate her, and make her think that all this time you had some hidden agenda (not saying you did, but I think she might see it that way)...suddenly noticing you have feelings for someone is kind of....well not good enough (for me anyway).

I say this becasue you say these feelins are STRONG...so how come it didn't hit you earlier?...what your feeling might only be infatuation (which can take you pretty suddenly), the fact that you havn't been crushing on her the whole time doesn't indicate something great is going to happen..... maybe you are just wondering about the possiblity of it...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    if she mentioned you and the word brother in the same sentence, I dnt think there is any point in telling her, you might alienate her, and make her think that all this time you had some hidden agenda (not saying you did, but I think she might see it that way)...suddenly noticing you have feelings for someone is kind of....well not good enough (for me anyway).

I say this becasue you say these feelins are STRONG...so how come it didn't hit you earlier?...what your feeling might only be infatuation (which can take you pretty suddenly), the fact that you havn't been crushing on her the whole time doesn't indicate something great is going to happen..... maybe you are just wondering about the possiblity of it...?
    Yeah thats exactly what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast