+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She isn't very responsive with text messages. Should I just walk away?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Amen.

Not 'little bitch'. You big, much hair He-Man. Pick up fone like scruff of woman neck and make talk for go out and have big sex.

Okay?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Obvious problem is obvious.

Phones actually have more functions than texting, try exploring these hidden features.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Now what does THAT mean?!?

Okay, so last night I was at a bar with some friends, and who should stroll up with all her co-workers who just got off work??? The girl I've been writing you about.

She did say hello as she walked by me sitting, but then she just went inside and sat down with her friends (all female). I really didn't know what to do. I know all her friends "kind of", but not well enough to just pull up a chair and sit down like I'm part of their group. They looked like they were having girl-time, so I just didn't say anything for the most part. Then about 20 minutes before the bar closed, I sat down because one of them said hello to me as I walked past. It was casual. Nothing weird.

Anyway, when they all got up to leave, I went outside and stood off to the side kind of, giving her ample opportunity to stop and talk to me alone. She just walked on past and walked away with all her friends.

What do you guys think?

If you really like her then try to ****ing call her and talk 10 min

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It means your a pussy who didn't make a move. DUDE, be agresssssssssssive BE-E aggressive!

If you don't call today consider this an epic fail.

So even though she was sitting in a corner against a wall surrounded by her friends, I should have walked right up to her and just started talking to her and her alone?

I can assure you I am NO PUSSY... there's nothing I wouldn't do. I just want to be as close to sure as one can be, before I do something stupid. I was married for 10 years, and even though I've been divorced for 2 years and single for 7 months, I still don't have my legs under me yet.

So I'm going to call her.

Where can I invite her? I don't want to always just sit on porches and drink beer, or go to bars and drink beer. I really like alternative weird things to do. Like the Fall Apple Festival that I took her too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should have done more than a pass by "hi". Think of it from her perspective. She kinda might like you. She bumps into this guy at a bar and says hi. He says hi back and that's it. In her eyes she thinks "wow, he can't really be all that interested..."

Call her. Ask her out. Every date can't be something unique and fun. You're going to have to do the "regular, old, boring" things too. It's the company that matters more, not where you are.

I know... and I agree. But women seem to be the weirdest creatures. Imagine it from my perspective.

I invite her to my house. She sends a text message that says, "Ok, all my friends are being lame, and I'm bored. I'll come over." So she's only coming because she's "bored" (which makes me feel extra special), but then she stays at my house until 7:30 a.m. and leaves wearing my Adidas sweat shirt.

Then I ask her to go to the Fall Apple Festival with me. She tells me on Wednesday that she doesn't know if she has to work that Saturday. NO BAR has that weird of a schedule that the servers don't know if they have to work three days later. She finally agrees on Friday, by texting me, "Saturday sucka! It's on." (Why would she call me a sucka?)

We go to the festival and have a fabulous time. We go back to her house. We laugh. I cooked dinner for her and her roommate that came home. He roommate is a cool girl, and when I was leaving she gave me a hug. The girl I am into said, "Oh I see, you give her a hug and are just gonna leave me eh?" So I say jokingly, "Well damn girl, you're the one all lagging back there. Come walk me to my car." She comes out onto the porch, and we talk for a minute or so about how cold it is, and about I have to get up early. Then I lean in and say, "I'm going to kiss you, okay?" She grins and says "Okay". So I do for about 3-4 minutes, but knowing that she was cold, I said, Good night and left.

And from that moment on, she hasn't acted the same. I texted her two days later that I had a nice time. She didn't respond at all. NOTHING. So I waited two days and then texted her that I don't think she'd like the DVD she borrowed from me, and that she shouldn't watch it unless I am there. She responds with a joking, "How would you being here make it any less of a bad movie?" Then I respond with, "Okay, maybe I'd just like to watch it with you." NO RESPONSE. Then I playfully text, "Come on girl, this is where you are supposed to invite me over for lunch on Saturday. We can carve a pumpkin and then watch a DVD. NO RESPONSE.

But when I see her two days later in a bar, I am supposed to rush right over to her and assume that she wants to talk to me? She has ignored everything that I've texted. She was with all her friends, and they were having girls night. I didn't want to roll up all sitting down butting in. Plus it was almost 2:00 a.m. and I had already had a few too many, I didn't want to be "THAT guy". So I played it cool. I did end up sitting down with them for a few minutes just before the bar closed, but I never got a chance to speak with her alone.

I don't know. She might be into me. Or she might not. I just can't imagine why she would ignore my texts unless she just wasn't into me.

She ALWAYS answers the texts that are playful and about nothing. Like if I insult her taste in movies, she responds playfully about my taste in movies. And we'll go back and forth like that for hours. But then if I bring it down to something even slightly serious, like getting together... radio silence.

Argh!!
    Last edited by pisces7378; 25-10-09 at 09:08 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces7378 View Post
    (Why would she call me a sucka?)
    It's just a cute way of teasing a guy.

Ok I hear ya loud and clear. FREGGIN CALL HER. This is all cloudy to you because you still refuse to call her. I've said this since post one. Yet you make excuse after excuse. This is the end of the game. Call her tomorrow. If you don't you fail. Excuses are no more. You will have you answer yes or no.

You know girl68... I think I love you. Honestly, you are awesome.

Thanks girl!

Alright... I called her. It went to voice mail as I predicted. I left a voice mail that said...

"Hey *****. It’s *******. Sorry I haven’t called you sooner. This week has been absurdly busy for me. But this coming week, I can basically set my own schedule at work. So... I’d like to get together with you soon. I know that you work a lot too, so… I don't know what to do about that... I guess you’re just going to have to ask you to quit your job. Is that cool?
    Anyway, I’ve got something I’d like to do with you so, give me a call back and let's see if we can arrange a day when neither of us have to work. Take care. Bye!"

That is pretty much word for word what I said (taken from memory). Now, if she doesn't call me back, I have to start thinking of a way to get my sweatshirt and DVD back.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Hey why don't you CALL her!?
    I think you should call her.

CALL don't text- obviously texting has failed you. If you text I'm going to say "I told you so".
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    pick up the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Call her. Texting sucks.
    Amen!

Now call her
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Phones actually have more functions than texting, try exploring these hidden features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriso View Post
    If you really like her then try to ****ing call her and talk 10 min
    If you don't call today consider this an epic fail.
    LOL.

(10 char)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I did call her. She is at work, as I suspected. And yes, I know this because I can see her driveway from my house, and her car is not in it... and NO I am not a stalker.

Oh well, we'll see won't we? She probably has to work until. 11:00 tonight. So if she doesn't call back by 10:00 am tomorrow, then I will just forget about it and sulk.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she doesn't call, then she isn't very considerate. And who wants a girlfriend like that anyway?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah, I guess so. It's just weird, because in person she is so lively and seems so into me. But as soon as we aren't together, and have to communicate via some other means, it turns into weird stand-off'ish'ness.

Hmmm Oh well.

So just to be 100% clear... you guys think that if she doesn't return my call, I should just literally never call her again? Just consider it dead in the water?
    Last edited by pisces7378; 26-10-09 at 03:32 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast