+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: text messages

text messages

Hi everyone

I was wondering why it is that guys sometimes don't find it necessary to send back when you send them a text message. If I haven't heard my bf all evening/night I always send him something before I go to bed, so he knows I'm thinking about him. When he doesn't send back and I wake up without a text message back, I'm always thinking the worst. I don't know why but I just start to worry, or I get angry ( but I never tell him that). But maybe he's just thinking: I'll talk, call, see her tomorow , while I'm worrying or am annoyed.
    So I thought why not ask a few guys here if do the same thing, and maybe why, and if it means anything...

thanks!

xXx aly

The reason is that sending text messages is annoying as all hell. Why don't you just call him so he can say goodnight in 5 seconds rather than spending a minute typing the same thing.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

texting is romantic...not annoying

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Texting is incredibly annoying and juvenile. It's one of the absolute worst trends to come around in a long time. Besides that, it's impolite to whip out your phone and hammer buttons with your thumbs while you're out with people.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My relationship with my girlfriend pre-girlfriend, was incredibly text heavy. By phone, or internet (chat/e-mail). So we still do it.

I'm not as quick to respond sometimes, responding sometimes hours later, if at all. It's a easy/fun way to stay in contact throughout the day considering I don't see her through the majority of the week anyway.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It sounds like you are expecting him to react as YOU would, but he isn't a girl. Males are typically less communicative (although not always). Don't expect a puppy dog to behave like a kitty cat.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I seriously don't know if my boyfriend and I could ever go without texting. He's even better than me when it comes to it. I really think that it depends on the couple and how they communicate with each other, however we both talk on the phone and see each other quite frequently, we just are busy during the day since I'm in class or he's working. Before my boyfriend and I started dating, we were friends and that's all we did during our friendship when we were not around each other -- just to see how we were both doing and hoping we had a good day, etc. Now since we are in a relationship, texting for us just lets us become really close when we're far away from each other and sometimes it's a way for us to vent or whatever. We ususally figure out our date plans or what we are going to do for dinner -- that sort of thing.

Texting is different for a lot of people and if it doesn't work for you then there should be an alternative in communication.
    "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left" - Marilyn Monroe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Three possible reasons for your boyfriend's behavior, Aly:

1. He is being psychologically manipulative, putting himself in a power position by trying to seem unavailable. He is slightly insecure and wants to be needed.

2. (More likely) You call/text/need him too much for his own comfort and he wants you to back off.

3. (Most likely) He missed the text.

Try to remember that peoples' behavior will generally have nothing to do with you. If you try to make yourself the center of the universe you will probably end up disappointed.

Umm I think a text message to say good night each and every night is a bit excessive.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post
    Umm I think a text message to say good night each and every night is a bit excessive.
    This is the correct answer.

A girl starts doing this, I think she's keeping tabs on me. I'm not responding.

I can't speak for the guys--you have their responses. But at night, my phone is off, plugged in, and under the bed.

For me it really depends.If I have just started seeing the girl, and she texts me to what I feel is an excessive point, I won't respond.I will want her to back off and not do it quite so much.But if there is a relationship, if I have feelings for her, you know...It's nice to know she thinks about me enough to text me or call, and I will return that.Even initiate sometimes.But yeah if it's early on, I wouldn't respond if she sent too many.

Tedel Guest
    I use sms to tease only... the rest in real life, please. =)

i always reply my girlfriend text messages. not reply only when i sleep or play game. even in bathroom, i brought my cellphone.

Guys don't send em back because it makes them seem needy...which they don't wanna be. If a girl sends the last text, a guy can sleep easy knowing that 'yep she really likes me'. If he sends one back then she can sleep easy and the guy will wonder, 'damn I shouldn't have sent that...now she is resting easy and I seem to be the needy one'. Guys like it when the girl is needy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast