+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ex likes me but doesn't want to committ

ex likes me but doesn't want to committ

My ex and i broke up few months ago because she was seeing someone behind my back. We dated for 3 years. We haven't talked for a long time and recently i met her at a event and we hit it off and started talking again. Things quickly lead to one thing and another and we ended up in bed. Now after all these mix signals im getting i had to have the talk with her to see what was going on. She told me that she really likes me still but doesn't want to commit. Shes 24 and so am i and she says that shes young and she doesn't want to get married yet and that she wants to explore more before she finds out whos the right one for her. Of course i feel differently about this as i still have some feelings for her. Yesterday i found out that the guy was still texting her and she was still calling him so i told her to not talk to me again ever until she stops seeing this married guy. She told me that we needed to get to know each other better and talk more and that this is moving too fast after a breakup before anything can happen. i believe that this guy is probably the sole reason why she can't commit to me yet she tells me that she isn't seeing no one and has no prospects so i should not be worried. I honestly think she has some feelings for me but just not the same anymore. Is there anything else differently that i should've done? Thanks
    Last edited by jlm2513; 23-10-09 at 10:12 PM.

It's not so odd to have a roll in the hay with an ex jlm, even after a few months, or even after a year or two. Pretty sure that's all it was for her, a good f**k with someone she "knows". Try not to read much into it, 99 times out of 100 it doesn't lead to anything.

I'd let it go and keep trying to meet someone new, who knows maybe she'll call down the road and try to reconcile, but it's doubtful.

Her commitment problem is not about her being young or inexperienced, nor can it be blamed on anyone other than her. The fact that she's seeing a married guy is a clear indication that she has no respect whatsoever for commitment in general, anyone's commitment. She was "committed" to you until she got busted screwing someone else, right?

She doesn't want to be your girlfriend, so take it or leave it. She wants to be treated like the town bicycle. You might as well have a ride every now and then, but don't try to make her into something she's not (like a good girl).

I hate it when people cheat. It's so disgusting to me.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Her commitment problem is not about her being young or inexperienced, nor can it be blamed on anyone other than her. The fact that she's seeing a married guy is a clear indication that she has no respect whatsoever for commitment in general, anyone's commitment. She was "committed" to you until she got busted screwing someone else, right?

She doesn't want to be your girlfriend, so take it or leave it. She wants to be treated like the town bicycle. You might as well have a ride every now and then, but don't try to make her into something she's not (like a good girl).

I hate it when people cheat. It's so disgusting to me.
    It's true. Although it be nice to ride that bicycle every now and then i don't think i would want to as i have no idea where that bicycle has been. When i went over to her place i saw a huge box of condoms which threw me a huge red flag and a pregnancy test box. She told me it was from long time ago but that's total bs.

Sounds like bs to me.

Raze
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.