+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting over the physical part

Getting over the physical part

Dated my ex for 3.5 years. We were extremely intense for 2.5 years, and lived together for 2. But she cheated on me and it can never work out again. I'm moving on pretty good and I'm getting to the point where I've really accepted that this is for the best. But I can't stand to see her. I have intention of ever being friends because I can't bear to look at her and know that I can never kiss her. That I will never lay naked with her. I've deleted her and most of her friends off facebook so I won't face the new photos of her. But I still come across some from time to time and she's looking gorgeous! I dread the day that we eventually run into each other because I don't think I can handle it.

Will this ever go away? Will I be able to one day look at her and not feel this way? She was my first love and I was crazy about this girl. But she broke my heart and I know I'll be happier without her.

You're already halfway there because you can understand that this isn't a good person for you to be with, that's a hard first step tbh.

It takes time, but the panic and frustration will subside. I remember how panicky I felt when I would see either her or photos of my ex. Its kind of debilitating in a way because you just don't know what to do, you try and keep your composure but your flipping out on the inside, it's not fun.

The less you see to remind you of her, the better. Deleting her and her friends is probably the best course of action because its about you right now. Its going to be different for everyone, it took me probably a good 10 months to completely disconnect myself for any kind of feelings or attraction.

Its funny that you mention this situation. I just ran into my first girlfriend who I fell hard for last night. Same deal, she was cheating on me or at least being far to unfaithful in my eyes on top of other things. I was watching college football with a couple friends of mine and she ended up stopping by and staying. My heart jumped at first, but quickly settled down, I realized that it just didn't matter anymore because I had zero connection. In all honesty, I left feeling good about myself and being separated from her. The thing that ran through my mind all night was "can you just shut up?" She talked and talked and talked non stop. We unsuccessfully tried to herd the chatty kathy's out of the room so we could hear the game, but to no avail.

That day will come for you, but no one can give you a time table. You will know when you have reached that point.

Keep your head up and keeping plowing head first through life. Hanging out with other girls will help eventually, but I found that initially it just made me feel disconnected from the outside world because I was still grieving.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

It's the worst feeling, but time will heal the wound. You'll meet another girl who blows this one away (I'm not talking about just looks) and you'll barely remember her down the road.

It just takes time and is no fun to go through, but there's happiness at the end of the tunnel.

Sounds like you could use a pick-me-up.
    Look up a song by Weird Al" Yankovic - One More Minute

It will make you smile.
    Just your post reminded me of it.
    Take care