+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Old flame burns again!

Old flame burns again!

I met this girl online through a mutual friend couple of years back and we hit it off instantly.. we used to talk daily for hours.. needless to say we had feelings for each other.. during that time, I was going through a break up.. we told each other we liked each other.. then she had to go to vacation for like a month.. we didnt have any contact.. then I started to have feelings for ex again as she tried to contact me. it was stupid.. after that, me and this girl kind of stopped talking.. she never said anything to me regarding me going after ex.. we used to talk to each other... I know she felt weird and after some time, we lost contact..

after months, I came to know that she has a bf now, she told me.. we lost contact again.. and after months.. I tried to talk to her again.. she replied once or twice and then she said she didnt want to talk to me coz she loved her bf.. and it's better if we leave it at that.. I stopped talking to her and it's been 7 months since I last talked to her

from last week or so, I've been in depression coz of family and career problems and I didnt have anyone to talk to.. so out of frustration, I sent her email writing everything that was on my mind.. I knew she wouldn't reply, but it gave a feeling that someone listened to me..

But, she replied asking what happened to me and all that.. I replied back telling my situation.. she replied again.. it was really nice of her.. maybe it was out of pity or something.. in third email, I just asked her about her university and thanked her for listening to me.. she replied again.. in the end she asked again hows everything..

So, does that mean she want to talk more? Coz if she didn't, she might have told me directly.. she also said she has kinda grown up and those issues don't affect her anymore.. I think she was talking about her career as she was not able to do what she wanted to do.. and I was also talking about my career problems.

But, I think she was talking about our past but it seems unlikely as we didnt remotely discuss it..

What's going on? Also, shall I ask her if she is still in a relationship with that guy? I really want to be friends with her again. She understands me the most. I don't want to lose this chance. Tell me what to reply without sounding a weirdo.. shall I behave like her relationship doesn't bother me at all.. they both are in the same university, I think. They were doing LDR earlier..

Help!

if you just want to be friends then there is no need to seek information about her relationship status. Just keep the emails going, not to often, casual but enough to strike up your freindship with her gain...if she wants to tlak about whether or not she is still with her bf she will....if she wants to talk relationships with you she will, but give all of that time, you've only just got back to friends.