+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Got put in friend zone, not sure what to do.

Got put in friend zone, not sure what to do.

I asked out a girl and got told "i like you as a friend" and that she would like to hang out and do stuff as friends. Ive been talking to her for over a month and we hit it off really well, but I am confused. We definitely flirted and acted in ways that, in my opinion, were more than what just friends would do. It is almost like she didnt expect me to ask her out, because i had to explicitly explain to her that i was asking her out when she was confused. But she was smiling and blushing a lot when she realized what i was doing.

I played it off well to not make the situation awkward and i helped lighten the mood, but i dont know what to do now. I cant just be a friend cause there will be some feelings there. But she acted like nothing happened afterwards, like she was cool with it. Should I even keep up with flirting and subtle compliments? Should i just stop it all together and be somewhat distant, so i dont waste my time and energy? Chances are she wont ever see me as anything more than a friend. Even though she seems like she doesnt get asked out a lot and she isnt a social butterfly. I mean, im a pretty good looking guy (im pretty sure), and we have similar interests and Im pretty positive about most situations. Im at a loss here, I can normally handle rejections but this one seems different.

meh, i just have mixed opinions on what to do from here. Some say i should completely ignore her, or at the very least, no longer give her attention and just be friendly when i need to. Others say to actually become her friend because things change over time. Although so far, things seem awkward overall.

In my opinion, i say that when you talk to the opposite sex (same sex IF your gay) you are flirting with them. Unless you make the convo to were you want it to end right away so you can continue with what your doing. But that is a tough one to figure out, i'm in the same situation as myself, and i just agreed to stay friends with this person. Maybe in the end that person you like so much will come around and see that pursueing a relationship with you will be worth it.

But you really shouldn't ignore her or completely shut her out of your life. Its a lose lose situation. You lose a possibly great friend, and you will more than likely hurt her, esp if she does really like you.

So basically, keep the friends you have/gain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

friend zone

Sometimes girls test you in the friend zone! play it cool and she might warm up to you and the idea of you guys dating!

if you really value the friendship your developing with her on its own, without a relationship, stay in contact with her and hanging out etc... If not, run away... now!

No don't run away. That is such an a s s move. If you feel you can't keep the friendship tell her so, yes she may be hurt a little. But she will be more hurt if you just ignore her and run away. Feeling ignored stays in a person longer than being told you can't be friends with you anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]