+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a new tattoo

Getting a new tattoo

Well, I'm finally getting the tattoo I've always wanted. People can see my bicep tattoo on the pictures page here. But I recently put down a deposit and had another drawn up for me. It's gonna be a friggin' huge tribal design on my back. Going across both shoulderblades, and it's connecting with another tribal design (two designs, morphed together by the artist) that will taper down the middle of my back. Forming a "T" sort of shape. It's the tattoo I've been looking for for three years, but just haven't had the opportunity to get yet.

The work will commence around the end of September and it'll take about 6 sessions at 175 each (hourly rate). Expensive, yes. But the place I'm getting it at is clean as hell, has gotten tons of positive reviews from newspapers and other media, and, well, considering it's going to be a lifetime change, I'm willing to spend a little more and have it done neatly and correctly than have a shit job done on me.

SO PSYCHED!!!!

Rod Steele

PS - Funny aside, I went in and stated that I've wanted that tattoo for the longest time (three years now) and stated that it'll be a big one, but probably my last. At those words the artist laughed and said, "Yeah. That's what I said about this one . . . " pointing to his forearm.

And for those who still don't believe it, YES. For some reason, tattoos ARE addicting for most people. (And lets not get into the technical definition of your body NEEDING a tattoo, but psychologically, once you get one, you seem to want another. And another. And another . . .)

Wow! That sounds like its going to be a great Tat! Damn expensive though. At least you know the place is clean. I had to search around my area for a good one too when I got my tattoo.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Sounds sweet Alexi. Wow. That tattoo is gonna take some patience. I've been wanting to get a small scorpion on the inside of my right hip, but don't even know where to go about looking for a good place. Besides the fact that I'm a chicken shit. LoL Nerve woman! Get some nerve!!!!
    Anyway, Alexi, good on ya! That sounds great. You'll have to share it in the gallery when it's done.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm also considering another tattoo. i know what i want already, but it's kinda addicting so i'm wondering if i can really stay with only one. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I think tattoos are awesome, and sadly I have commitment issues that keep me from getting one.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Sounds a little similar to the one going over my shoulders as well. It's true though, tattoos are addicting. You don't wanna stop. I agree with you completely on getting it done right and spending a little more. My big tribal piece over my shoulders I got done at a scratchers. It took 18 hours and cost $250. I got what I paid for, looked like crap. Luckily my artist was able to salvage it. He redid the whole thing in 6 hours for $450. It still has a raise and could look better if it was done right the first time. I was lucky it could be saved, good plan alexi.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    exactly, you should always get it done right. two of my friends went to a shitty place without doing much research on it and both of their tats have faded. raverboy

That really bugs me. So many people assume that simply having a tattoo means it's going to fade over the years. My 2 hour piece on my upper back is as black as the day is was put on, and so shall it remain. Because my tattoos are not nor shall they ever be faddy piles of shit. I take care of that which I've invested in. People who let their ink fade should have never gotten it.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Sounds great Rod. Piercings are addicting too. I want more and more and more and more.. Hmmm. I want a tattoo on my lower back when I'm older [Legal age]. It's gonna be very pretty. Hehehehe.

Be careful with doing it on your lower back. Go in with your own design, don't pick one off of their flash posters. Fad tattoos are the pinnacle of being pathetic and lame. Make it original and truly a spectacle. Getting a tattoo just for the sake of getting one is THE wrong reason.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    Fad tattoos are the pinnacle of being pathetic and lame.
    What would you call a "fad" tattoo? Going in with one of your own design is a great idea Zekk, but what if you can't draw for shit? I have personal reasons for wanting to get the Scorpion, I'm just not sure I could do it justice. But, I really don't want it to be a spectacle. I don't need everyone to see it to make it work for me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well that is a true point zekk, and i would also not want my tats to fade. however there are people that can't live without the sun. mainly beach goers and what not. it's only simple that in time, tats will fade. i was planning on redoing mines in about 10 years or so, depends on how often i go out. tats like everything will fade with time. raverboy

I do kinda have my own design already. I still got about 3 years. So I'm okie.

i have two tatoos one on my lower back and one on my ankle. the one on my ankle needs to be fixed, i got that one as soon as i turned 18 and they did a shitty job but i also didint do my reaserch. the one on my back is a tribal and i absolutley love it. it will be two years in febuary and it looks great. I want one more tatt of a scorpion on my inner thigh or ad on to my tribal, im not sure yet. i think that will be it for me though

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    kawaii, you're lucky that you're pretty much done growing. i was talking to my class mate this summer because his tats are all stretched out. i asked him why they looked "different", and he said that he had them since he was 10. 10?!?!? c'mon now, your body isn't done growing so obviously it will stretch out.

and blue, you have to post your tats in the gallery. mines is in there somewhere

raverboy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast