+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have a major problem.

I have a major problem.

There's a girl that I love to death. She doesn't love me back. I've learned to cope with this, but I really want her. I can pick up most girls I seem to get into contact with but this one, and it bothers me; I don't mean to come off as cocky in saying that, but this does seem to be the case so far, and I'm not some guru. Here is my big problem: I don't know whether my love is unrequited or not. We never even went out! We've never kissed or anything! The love I have for her is purely genuine. I don't know if it's shared, just in her own way. I don't know if she's trying to keep my attention for later. I'm young (I'm 19, and she's turning 19 within a few days.), and I don't expect or desire a lasting relationship. That would be completely irrational in consideration of statistics. But I want to know if this girl loves me.

She told me she loves me, and she blatantly told me that I'm not in the friend zone when a guy told me that I am in front of her. I've considered many possibilities for this response, but I can't pinpoint one I can strongly confide in. I've done a study on unrequited love, and I don't quite see this as unrequited because she seems to want something to do with me. I just don't know the order of magnitude that something is associated with.

I understand my thoughts are fragmented here. I hope you understand what I'm trying to figure out here. I want to know if I should continue to keep my intense love for this girl and to expect that she truly does love me the way I love her. I doubt this is the case, but I need the opinions of others who have been in my shoes or have studied this closely.

I'll clear up any details and answer all questions so that I can solve this crazy equation.

Thanks.
    Last edited by QuanSai; 08-11-09 at 11:19 PM.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say she doesn't love you back. However, this might not necessarily be the case.

Some questions because certain details are vague:

1. How long have you known her?
    2. You say she doesn't love you back; how do you know this?
    3. Those girls that you say you "pick up", does she know any of them?
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 09-11-09 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    If I had to take a guess, I'd say she doesn't love you back. However, this might not necessarily be the case.

Some questions because certain details are vague:

1. How long have you known her?
    2. You say she doesn't love you back; how do you know this?
    3. Those girls that you say you "pick up", does she know any of them?
    1. About a year and a half now.
    2. She hasn't displayed anything along the lines of an intense liking toward me.
    3. No, she doesn't. Well, not at this point. I hope not.

Well, if you've known her for that long and the situation is still ambiguous, I think your best course of action is to ask her out on a date (but don't frame it as a formal date when you ask her).

There certainly can be reasons for her to act the way she does besides her not liking you, but without knowing your situation better, that's really all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    Well, if you've known her for that long and the situation is still ambiguous, I think your best course of action is to ask her out on a date (but don't frame it as a formal date when you ask her).

There certainly can be reasons for her to act the way she does besides her not liking you, but without knowing your situation better, that's really all I can say.
    Rational proposition.

I've considered this. I'm just going to continue to step away from her.

Thank you.