+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Fake and Bake or Not to fake and bake...

To Fake and Bake or Not to fake and bake...

So. I'm pale. Pretty much as white as it gets. I've gotten one compliment on it before, a genuine one. Other than that I've friends and family will tease me a little here and there for it. (playfully, but still). I dont have the whole goth image or anything.. just very.. Scandinavian. I think pale can be really pretty with dark hair, but been there, done that and I'm sticking to my light locks for a while. I'm not going to tan because risk of melanoma> need to be pretty. greater than not equal to=p. But anyhooo Ive done the tan in a can and not drastically but it gives me a little color and olive tone. If I do too much, its orange though, but I dont. So do you like pale girls or is that a huge turn-off?

although it may bother you, im sure you put much more importance to it then guys who might be interested. It's all in your head, if you feel comfortable and confident, then that doesnt matter.

I can understand that need to be comfortable your features, I am pretty tall at 6'4 and it use to bother me a bit, but it really doesnt bother me at all anymore, in fact its a positive now.

You should be comfortable in your skin. Pale skin tone in my opinion is gorgeous. I love the way it makes the girls body look so nice and smooth. I would much rather be with a pale skinned girl than a tanned girl.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know some older women who've tanned for many years and now look like old leather handbags. I don't think paleness is unattractive, but looking like you're 60 when you're 40 sure is.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Definitely not a huge turnoff. I'd much rather have a woman who is completely natural than someone who goes tanning.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fair skinned girls look better when they just accept that they are fair skinned. You need to be able to choose colors that look nice on you - for example, I'd stay away from yellow and beige.

Fake tans LOOK fake, and tanning booths are very harmful to the skin and will age you in a way that will bother you a lot when you get older. The women in my family are all fair skinned, and both my sisters were always trying to tan as we grew up (I didn't because I hated sunburns). Both of them are younger than me, but both look approximately 10-15 years older. No joke. Wear sunblock. The obsession with tanned skin doesn't last long into adulthood.

If you want some color, get a spray tan (like Mystic Tan) If you can afford to keep up on them regularly, they're not only good for the skin, but look very attractive too.

I've never personally fake baked...and I never will. It's just not something I agree with.
    If I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I'd use my last breath the tell you that I love you

Just 'cause I'm a hick don't mean I'm stupid...and i'm more than happy to prove that to ya'll anyday!
    Hey ya'll and Yee Haw are part of my vocab...'cause I'm a country girl

Don't cry for a guy, let a guy cry for you 'cause girls give & forgive but buys get & forget." --Brooke Davis

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the color just never looks right... it's like black girls with red hair.

When I had expendable money I tanned. Got a really nice color tanning in medium beds 2 times a week for 10 minutes. Conventional beds don't do shit.

Ive never been high maintainanced, or cared... before.. but my sister thought i should try so i paid to take the smart tan certification class for educational purposes and found out people are highly undereducated about tanning and how MUCH you have to tan before you turn into a prune. Like people that say "the economy is bad..." but they really have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

anyway I couldnt believe how many compliments I got, people are kindve shallow.

I ended up stopping because it just cost so dang much. I wont spray tan because it looks fake.

If you're self conscious about your skintone and you like the color from spray tans, then tan in a medium bed but not every week year after year. The UV rays are the exact same UVs the sun emits. Laying on a towel by the pool is equivalent, both bad for your skin

like vashti says, it can just look damn wrong on some people, so be aware of yourself. If you were to use a tanning bed you would need to go in for half the time because you're more susceptible to burning. You should walk into a tanning salon and ask the girls questions, they can also recommend which beds and how long you should go in.

In my opinion though, I wouldnt give a damn about skin color. It makes no difference to me if you look like youve been at a cali beach all week or in a dark room all your life. Unless youre trying to attract shallow guys then I wouldnt worry about shallow issues ;P

The spray tans look very real and are nice. They just don't last long and can get pricey to maintain. They look even better blended in with some natural sun, which in moderation is not only needed, but very healthy.

To answer your question jennifer, which I missed the first time, no, pale girls are NOT a turn off by any means, but if you have bad skin, a little color can certainly help

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I sometimes wish i had more colour...im quite pale skinned but a tan just doesnt look right on me! luckily i have good skin so dont have to worry about that.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my vote is skip the fake and bake. come summer, get a real tan, through sunscreen of course!

i'm pasty too, but meh I don't care all that much...

I'm Danish, with some Scottish in me, so I'm about as white as it gets, lol.
    But I also have that dark brown hair that almost looks black...which contrasts your white-ness Lol.

Personally, because it reflects my heritage, I take pride in it. And I think it's important that you do some fashion research to see which colours suit your pale skin so that you can be comfortable with yourself and enjoy it.

I don't suggest Fake and bake.

You know Egyptians use to bathe in milk to try and make themselves more pale?
    And how about those Geisha's in Japan?

It's not as bad as you may think it is, you're just feeling self-concious. I have family teasing me about it every once and a while too, but what I've learned is that a lot of the guys I've been with in my life find it a desirable trait. They find it attractive.

Be proud of your pale skin! As long as you're healthy you have nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferx View Post
    So. I'm pale. Pretty much as white as it gets. I've gotten one compliment on it before, a genuine one. Other than that I've friends and family will tease me a little here and there for it. (playfully, but still). I dont have the whole goth image or anything.. just very.. Scandinavian. I think pale can be really pretty with dark hair, but been there, done that and I'm sticking to my light locks for a while. I'm not going to tan because risk of melanoma> need to be pretty. greater than not equal to=p. But anyhooo Ive done the tan in a can and not drastically but it gives me a little color and olive tone. If I do too much, its orange though, but I dont. So do you like pale girls or is that a huge turn-off?
    Girl, what's more attractive to a man (at least to moi) is a woman who is comfortable and confident in her own skin. So many people have different preferences out there, and even then those preferences are forgotten about after they get to know you personally; it'll fade in the distance.

Personality matters most, my friend. Trust me on that one.

I was made fun of for my big lips when I was young, but I soon accepted the way I looked afterward and now I love them.

If you just stop caring about what others think and show that to everyone, trust me, their respect for you will be sky high! And that's so attractive!

Some like tans, others like white skin. There's no superior color tone; we're all different!

ACCEPT YOURSELF THE WAY YOU ARE! LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF! I know it's hard at first, but over time, you'll get used to it! One step at a time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast