+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need some feedback

need some feedback

Hi all,
    I need to know what other people think of this akward situation:
    Been with a guy 5 years. The guy does only one kind of job: film-industry related..
    Does not want to do anything else in life.. has never had a normal job, and lives with parents at 32. He does not make money with this career of his.. or very little, and only once in a while.

Now he says to me: if I ever had to do any other job for money not related to my field, I would rather become a robber or prostitute myself. So I decided to leave him.

What do you think of this person? what kind of problem do you think he has?

You'll drive yourself crazy if you keep wondering why he is the way he is. You figured out that what is doesn't work for you and you walked away.

You're already ahead in the game.

Just let the "why" of it go.

By film-industry related, you mean he's basically unemployed so he can have his days free for auditions or what?

sounds like he has zero ambition in life.. iunno i find that unattractive, and although financial health isn't number one to most people, you need enough to provide security and stability in a relationship.. not knowing where your next dollar is coming from and not caring about it is pretty weak.

-youīre right Heratriunphant, I should be asking myself why he is the way he is, it doesnīt really matter.. Iīm just frustrated that I donīt understand him... thanks..
    -Primo, he is unemployed because he doesnt find a job in his field and he would rather ask people for money like his friends and family than to work at something he doesnt like.
    -All alone, what i find really unattractive is a guy that would rather sell his body or rob instead of doing any job..
    I also find that after being with a guy for 5 years it is very unrespectful of him to tell me that he would sell his body instead of working.. that just really made me feel like a total zero to him, and that he just doesnt care about how I would feel if that ever happened..

I can't comment on the larger problem here, but to me it doesn't sound like he literally meant he would steal, or sell his body rather than work. He was probably exaggerating to stress the point that his chosen field is just that important to him.

I know a couple of guys that are waiting for that big payday by landing an acting gig. I can't say they compare with your boyfriend, because the guys that I know actually do hustle work and make some money in between standing around to audition.

They're my friends, so I encourage them, but if I try to look at it from a girls pov I probably wouldn't want to get seriously involved with them either.

Hi Shheadz, thanks for dropping a comment... The problem is that whwn he finds himself in a position where he doesnt have a penny, he asks his friends or parents to lend him money. He says that if that doesnt work for him, then he would sell his body or steal.
    The problem is that he is very serius about it. He thinks that doing a delivery job or a waitering job is demeaning his talent...
    Primo.. is not the film industry de problem here, its the fact that the only way in which he wants to make money is working in that field. There are no more alternatives to making money for him.. 1. Film 2. Steal 3. Prostitute... thatīs it... no more.. thatīs the main reason why I cant be with him... what do you think?