+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange thoughts about life and 2012.(LONG)

bloodtippedrose says:

"people should educate themselves before they form opinions. If only we could abolish group-think"

that would wipe out 90% of LF

Quote Originally Posted by lilly1185 View Post
    Whenever I hear or see the word "unknown" I think about edit: Ooops, was a Boondock's skit: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/url] about unknown unknowns.
    You know its making fun of Donald Rumsfeld right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQuk"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

That entire episode is a criticism of the Iraq war.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    bloodtippedrose says:

"people should educate themselves before they form opinions. If only we could abolish group-think"

that would wipe out 90% of LF

including shows like maury, wilkos and springer! I dont know what Id ever do

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Nostradumbass predicted the world to end in 1984...that failed so his fans began to follow the 1999 being the end...that failed and than was Y2k..and than 2004...and now this...its all the ****ing same. If the world is gonna end it will come unexpectedly and a random time. Some random pile of shit will fall on us or a sleeping giant volcano will erupt. Never the less, the world CAN'T end...only we can.

The mayans while loved to write down star formations couldn't even build a good plumbing system, they are not smarter than us today and didn't know when the end of our race will be. That is unknown.
    Good point.

The mayans also thought the Spaniards on their horses were a single creature.

When you really start to look at it, the mayans were f*ckin' idiots.

Anybody that believes this 2012 stuff are even bigger idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Nostradumbass predicted the world to end in 1984...that failed so his fans began to follow the 1999 being the end...that failed and than was Y2k..and than 2004...and now this...its all the ****ing same. If the world is gonna end it will come unexpectedly and a random time. Some random pile of shit will fall on us or a sleeping giant volcano will erupt. Never the less, the world CAN'T end...only we can.

The mayans while loved to write down star formations couldn't even build a good plumbing system, they are not smarter than us today and didn't know when the end of our race will be.
    Seems nitpicky but your understanding of Mayan culture is way off base.

Mayans, for example, had the world's finest plumbing system, it is, in fact, one of the many discoveries anthropologists and archaeologists made when studying Mayan ruins. The Mayan empire had some of the world's densest and largest urban areas, had the widest infrastructure with plumbing and sewage disposal, and had better sanitation than Europe did at the time. European practice was to shit in a bucket and throw it out the window hoping the rain would drain it away. If it didn't, oh well, you learn to live with the smell.

The irony, of course, is that the significantly worse hygiene of Europeans, coupled with the many disease outbreaks that killed off much of Europe, left Europeans equipped with a stronger immune system when they traveled to America, leading to 90% of America's indigenous people dying and only a small portion of the European conquerors.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

2012 is referred to the Mayans as 'The Age of Peace'. Do some real research please.... stop watching fox news.

I think we're all in agreement that *nothing* is gonna fu*king happen December 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    Seems nitpicky but your understanding of Mayan culture is way off base.

Mayans, for example, had the world's finest plumbing system, it is, in fact, one of the many discoveries anthropologists and archaeologists made when studying Mayan ruins. The Mayan empire had some of the world's densest and largest urban areas, had the widest infrastructure with plumbing and sewage disposal, and had better sanitation than Europe did at the time. European practice was to shit in a bucket and throw it out the window hoping the rain would drain it away. If it didn't, oh well, you learn to live with the smell.

The irony, of course, is that the significantly worse hygiene of Europeans, coupled with the many disease outbreaks that killed off much of Europe, left Europeans equipped with a stronger immune system when they traveled to America, leading to 90% of America's indigenous people dying and only a small portion of the European conquerors.
    No shit compared to Europe of even the Middle Ages. Compared to today? I don't think so. They didn't put a satellite into orbit either, unless you are going to argue that they did somehow soon. Plumbing is one of the thousands of examples I can come up that they were lacking in. It wasn't the point itself, it was meant to support. They had water canals and some sewage so they were more advanced than what? Apes? or Europeans of that time? wait Apes had Europeans beat so what the hell.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12