+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Magic of Making Up: Any Success Stories?

The Magic of Making Up: Any Success Stories?

I recently made a mammoth of a post regarding the devastating separation from my wife and near certain impending divorce. I am absolutely dedicated to winning her back though.

In my google searches for methods to do this, I came across T.W. Jackson's "The Magic of Making Up". I purchased it, read it and have begun to implement the plan as laid out. So far I have been unable to uncover any negative reviews of the book or its staggeringly optimistic 95% success rate.

But what I would like to know, does anyone here have personal experience with it working?

i'm thinking about trying this also...... but just remember, there is a time to let go, if you truely love them then you will want them to be happy and let them go.

live in love, whatever happens

Honestly I don't think it'll tell you anything you don't already know from reading online tips.

1. Don't do anything that will make you look desperate. No one wants to be with someone who looks weak and sad. Keep your feelings to yourself.

2. Don't say anything out of anger, even if you know the other person is being a complete idiot. It'll minimize your chances.

3. Don't text/call/email telling them how much it sucks that you're not together.

4. Agree with the break up and let them know you realize you also need time alone.

5. If you accept to be friends don't talk to each other often. Show her/him that you're completely "fine" with things the way they are. DON'T talk about your feelings!

6. Don't start dating other people just to make him/her jealous

7. Appear to be happy, even if you're not. Start changing things about yourself, start working out, getting a tan, reading self growth books.

8. If it's meant to be he/she will start missing you and seeing that you're not as bad as he/she thought you were (unless you act desperate and miserable...which is why so many people never get back together)

9. IT TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE! Make yourself more appealing by showing self control, confidence, and self RESPECT.

10. Don't tell him/her that you'll be waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
    Honestly I don't think it'll tell you anything you don't already know from reading online tips.

1. Don't do anything that will make you look desperate. No one wants to be with someone who looks weak and sad. Keep your feelings to yourself.

2. Don't say anything out of anger, even if you know the other person is being a complete idiot. It'll minimize your chances.

3. Don't text/call/email telling them how much it sucks that you're not together.

4. Agree with the break up and let them know you realize you also need time alone.

5. If you accept to be friends don't talk to each other often. Show her/him that you're completely "fine" with things the way they are. DON'T talk about your feelings!

6. Don't start dating other people just to make him/her jealous

7. Appear to be happy, even if you're not. Start changing things about yourself, start working out, getting a tan, reading self growth books.

8. If it's meant to be he/she will start missing you and seeing that you're not as bad as he/she thought you were (unless you act desperate and miserable...which is why so many people never get back together)

9. IT TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE! Make yourself more appealing by showing self control, confidence, and self RESPECT.

10. Don't tell him/her that you'll be waiting
    Excellent advices.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    LOL!!!

Carmen has just listed the exact opposite of what people do, like me... hence I am single

Follow the list carefully, it is by far the best chance of getting back with someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different