+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting back with an ex after a long time apart (2+ years) ?

Getting back with an ex after a long time apart (2+ years) ?

I've been apart from my ex now for more than 2 years. I ran into her about 3 months ago and we talked very briefly, as she was with some friends.

She has moved on from me, I know it. She has dated around and has probably been with several people. It breaks my heart thinking about it.

I broke it off with her over 2 years ago... after she did something stupid. Never cheated on me or anything, but we were both childish.

I was so mad that when I got rid of her I was happy to finally get her out of my life. But now I can't help but want her back in my life.

I've had a lot of blind dates etc. with people and I can't help but compare everybody to her. I even thinking about her constantly at work etc.
    , and she is pretty much the first thing that I think about in the morning and at night.

I am thinking about maybe sending her an email asking her if she wants to hang out or something. I don't know if she is taken or not but I think she might be. I sorta want her to know that I still think about her, but don't want to be upfront about it.

Is it possible to get back with an ex without looking pathetic? She has been around, and me, well... I haven't.

Basically I am sick of thinking about her all the time, and I think that contacting her might be the only option left to finally resolve these feelings.

uMm i think an email would be the best thing to go by at this point. dont call her cause like you said you dont know if she is taken so her "boyfriend" perce could answer and blah blah blah. but you never know, maybe she could be thinking the same thing you are thinking. i am a female myself, we arent usually easy to read. and if you are really into her then maybe she is worth it. hope that helps
    Cidey
    "Who ever works like a slave; eats like a king"

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Think I'll run with cidey831 on this one. An email seems appropriate and private between you both. That way its a lot easier for her to say yes or no without feeling 'weird' about it all.

Best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

The reasons you broke up are still there. If you had something going in your own life, you wouldn't think about her every day, so I don't think it's that you belong together or something, you just miss having a girlfriend.

I think you should still give it a shot because it's better to learn it first hand.
    Spammer Spanker

def give the email thing a shot....but you need to go out and get laid my friend. Seriously.