+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused - what to do? help me sort out my thoughts

confused - what to do? help me sort out my thoughts

So I've been seeing this girl and admittedly we are just friends, but I think we both know theirs something more there. I asked her out to a movie, she said yes, we went, we had a good time, I asked her out again, she said yes. Then a bunch of things happened on both sides, and we pretty much didn't see each other for a month even though we kept in touch.

So... when we finally have time in our schedules, I text her whether she wants to help me out with something. The end of her reply was, 'yes i'm still interested,' I try not read too much into those choice of words.

Then, the next day, when I try to schedule plans she says she can't on the day I want to and gives no alternative. We text back and forth a bit, she then says she'll get in touch later because she's on a date!!!

My first impulse is to just cut it off right here, right now.... then I realize that we had never really been dating in the first place, so its unfair to expect exclusivity. But then I think - if she liked me as much as I liked her she wouldn't even consider dating someone else. Should I stick in there? Let her know? Or is this just going to end up in a whole lot of pain for me? Am I just being her apologist and being the pathetic guy making excuses for her?

I don't know what to do, but everything says that based on her actions I should just let go. But the problem is I really want her in my life that way. This sucks.

I wouldn't give up just yet Dan. Its maybe a lot to ask someone to save themselves for a month waiting to date you. Maybe she wasn't sure if you were really interested in dating her since its been a month. If you really like her its worth giving it another shot isn't it? Maybe make it a bit clearer that its a date you want as opposed to just wanting her to help you with something? If she doesn't know where she stands with you and whether your interested in her in that way then how can you expect her to save herself for you and not date other people?

She may also have mentioned that she was on a date to see your reaction to try and work out if you really are interested in her in that way. So I would say give it a try, she may turn out not to be interested in you after all but you'll never know unless you go for it.

How old are you? How old is she? I can tell you this: You need to chill out a little bit. You're not even dating, and you're already sounding clingy, emotional, and jealous.

I think because of your busy time you dint had the time to show her how much you like her. To something , persist, try to make her decide the u are the one, not a other guy, and for the future MAKE TIME. But did she tell you what type of a date is in she? Maybe she was whit some friends, family, ho knows. I think and also i recommend to be more focused when you want something. take care
    and now is time for me to go. you to live , and me to die

to me....as long as she doesn't have a boyfriend she can go out with anyone, it's not like you two are together~
    just calm yourself down, make more chance for you two to spent time and see what happens

i don't know. i am a trobuled person myself. i can;t even deal with my emotional issues...

best lucky.anyway.