+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finally Getting Over Her

Finally Getting Over Her

I am really proud of myself. In the last two weeks I have made huge strides in getting over my ex-girlfriend. I hope that this story might help other people in my situation.

A little background: My ex and I have been broken up for the last 3 months. We were together for a little over 2 years. She initially broke up with me, explaining that she felt smothered. I was crushed as she was my first real love. I am 24 years old and am no stranger to dating and relationships, this was honestly just the first girl I truly fell in love with. I came to find out that she actually had broken up with me for her previous long term ex-boyfriend. I made up every excuse in the book for her. I made it my fault. I made it reasonable, telling myself that it was my fault for getting involved so deeply with a woman that was clearly not over her ex.

She has continued to drag this on for the entire three months. We initially didn't talk but in the last 2 months, we have talked regularly. She has told me repeatedly that she misses me and that she thinks about getting back together. But she also flip flops and sometimes gets irritated when I talk about "us." And all the while I recently found out she was still with her ex-boyfriend. She has been trying to string me along, one because she I'm sure is thinking that she doesn't want to let me go, and two because she doesn't want to be alone when this fails with her ex.

Finally I have realized that while I honestly wasn't good enough for her in some aspects (otherwise she wouldn't be with her ex now), she is honestly not good enough for me. Her actions have proven she is not good enough for me. I will not settle for a woman who would do this to me. She is the one who did this and it was not my choice. I want someone who wants me for me. I will not settle for anything less.

She's not stupid, she's trying to keep you on a long leash if it doesn't work out with her ex. Guess what...most people who try to go back with their ex's, especially after so long, fail miserably. Good for you for recognizing she's just a dependent person and playing you. Lots of amazing single women out there bro, go find one !

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Gratz Sean. My story is similar although my ex opted to date someone I know.

Glad things are looking up for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

scandalous bitches

good going mate! great optimism!
    When you came back to me, it was the most beautiful moment for my soul. I love you for the rest of my life, my love. I am bound to be yours forever, like I always was...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

good going my man!

well done mate. im in a similiar position with a girl who has dumped me, got back together with me and dumped be again 7 or 8 times. if she doesnt want my love il take it elsewhere. doesnt stop the pain though..

You get so caught up in your past feelings that it's tough to think clearly but I'm glad you are getting some real perspective on the situation. Although I'm secretly hoping that she will want to come back to me since she hopped right into a new relationship after she dumped me, it's good to see it for what it is and realize the flaws in that person. Usually people try to just shit all over their ex to help them move on, but it sounds like she is doing some sketchy behavior. She might not even realize it either, it's just a way to keep you around as a cushion. Removing that cushion will give her a nice wake up slap in the face and hopefully a lifelong lesson.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.