+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend doesn't want to be physical anymore?

Girlfriend doesn't want to be physical anymore?

Okay, I'm 16 and I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost 5 months now. Things were going good on the physical side for a good while, every time we would hangout we would basically do stuff, and she would love to make out with me anywhere, anytime. That was until about 3.5-4 months into this. Now it's kind of gotten to the point where we don't always do stuff, and we'll go upwards of 4+ times of hanging out without doing anything. Also, she doesn't really even make out with me at all anymore, the only times she will is if she wants to or if I have to ask her to, and even then it doesn't last more than 15 seconds.

I'm a really cuddley, sweet kind of boyfriend, but thinking about "nice guys finish last", I think this is exactly the opposite of what I should be. I'm always complimenting her, I'm always cuddling with here and I'm pretty much always kissing her. She always knows that if she asks me to go down on her or finger her that I'll do it (we haven't had sex yet) but she never seems to want to. I used to be able turn her on with the snap of my fingers, but now it doesn't seem like that spark is there anymore.

I asked her about it not too long ago and she said rest assured, she's definitely still physically attracted to me and she wants to do stuff, but her actions don't seem to show that.

I want to make our relationship more physical again. I want this relationship to last, I don't want to have a bunch of sexual tension and my girlfriend not to want me. Hell, I'm only 16, and I already feel like one of those 60 year old guys whose partners don't want to be physical anymore.

My question, how would I go about fixing this? Should I basically just be more 'exclusive', and tease her and not be so quick to give her what she wants? I really want to fix this, I don't want to be the nice guy who goes to the ends of the world for his girlfriend and doesn't get anything in return. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Joe.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your girlfriend's lack of interest doesn't really have much at all to do with whether or not she likes you or thinks you are "hot". It's just simple biology. A boy's sex drive rises rapidly in the teen years and peaks in the early 20s, when their levels of testosterone are the greatest. For a female, that extra dose of testosterone doesn't hit until the mid 30s.

At this point, it just sounds like she is simply not at the same sexual development level as you are. Don't try pushing the issue with her - she has a right to not be sexual. (16 is VERY young.) In fact, if she really isn't physically interested in sex, she has a responsibility to herself to wait until she's ready.

That she engaged earlier in sexual behavior is just indicative that she was interested in having a boyfriend, and girls tend to do stuff they really weren't ready for in the interest of having a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Your girlfriend's lack of interest doesn't really have much at all to do with whether or not she likes you or thinks you are "hot". It's just simple biology. A boy's sex drive rises rapidly in the teen years and peaks in the early 20s, when their levels of testosterone are the greatest. For a female, that extra dose of testosterone doesn't hit until the mid 30s.
    Yep. So I always wonder what happens when the couple reaches their 30's and the guy doesn't want as much sex anymore? I bet the women break and go find it on the side somewhere. Where as us we are told to wait lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

That she engaged earlier in sexual behavior is just indicative that she was interested in having a boyfriend, and girls tend to do stuff they really weren't ready for in the interest of having a boy.
    Stupid ass girls.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 23-11-09 at 01:22 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."