+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condom or wait?

Condom or wait?

I've been seeing my boyfriend for a little over a month now. Last night, we were fooling around a bit, and he wanted to have sex. I asked him if he had been tested for STD's, and he said, "No, never." I can count who I've slept with on 1 hand, and I'm sure he has no idea how many he's slept with. In other words, he's been around and NEVER has been tested?

SOOO, I told him I didn't want to have sex with him until he got tested. We've only been dating a month, and I'm putting my health before him and sex.

I do really want to have sex with him. But should I honestly wait to have sex with him until he's been tested and (hopefully) cleared, or should we use a condom? Condoms are not 100% effective, right?

You should wait to be tested AND use condoms.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you're going to put your health first, put it first... that means wait AND use condoms.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Condoms are 100% effective until you do something to make them fail.

Yea, don't poke holes in them, forget to squeeze the tip when you roll them on, or leave them in your car.

Wait though, because there is always a chance they will explode (friction or whatever), and you don't want that. The morning after pill can be taken if such an instance occurs. If he has herpes, there is no cure for that.

You get tested, he should get tested, compare notes and that should be that.

A friend of mine caught herpes from her husband (now EX husband) when she was seven months pregnant. WAIT for the test results! And use a rubber anyway even if the test comes back clean, because the really bad diseases don't necessarily show up right away on the tests. If you've ever been tested, you know the doc will tell you "OK, these are negative, but come back in 6 months to run them again, just in case you caught something yesterday and it's not showing up in your system yet." Besides, patience makes it better anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Condoms are 100% effective until you do something to make them fail.
    Like have sex.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Not to mention condoms do not protect against hpv. Want cervical cancer anytime soon? Respect yours and his bodies. Both of you should get tested. Fair is fair.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Just use a condom. You are more likely to be killed in a fatal car accident then get an STD when using a condom. ALWAYS inspect the condom before he puts it on.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I have already been tested, and I'm clean. I told him I wouldn't sleep with him until he gets tested, like I said, and he told me last night he's going with a friend soon to get tested. I was happily surprised he would do that right away.

It sucks men cannot be tested for HPV, as I do not have that, and obviously don't want it. I will still use a condom even if he comes back clean.

Thanks for the replies.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can still catch some unpleasant shit even with a condom. Make him get tested. Be sure he tells the doc he was fooling around in a Tijuana brothel so they run the full gamut. Stupid to risk your well-being for a moment of pleasure. You've got fingers, yes? Take care of yourself until he presents you with a clean bill of health.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by alackofcolor View Post
    I've been seeing my boyfriend for a little over a month now. Last night, we were fooling around a bit, and he wanted to have sex. I asked him if he had been tested for STD's, and he said, "No, never." I can count who I've slept with on 1 hand, and I'm sure he has no idea how many he's slept with. In other words, he's been around and NEVER has been tested?

SOOO, I told him I didn't want to have sex with him until he got tested. We've only been dating a month, and I'm putting my health before him and sex.

I do really want to have sex with him. But should I honestly wait to have sex with him until he's been tested and (hopefully) cleared, or should we use a condom? Condoms are not 100% effective, right?
    If he gets tested and passes if you don't use a condom you can still catch the "I am to dumb to have a kid but have one" disease. It is slowly becoming an epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    You are more likely to be killed in a fatal car accident then get an STD when using a condom.
    The fact that car related deaths are one of the top 5 leading causes of death in the US REALLY doesn't help your argument at all.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 25-11-09 at 10:41 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if i were you, i wouldn't take any chances.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    The fact that car related deaths are one of the top 5 leading causes of death in the US REALLY doesn't help your argument at all.
    Perhaps you are not understanding the argument then.

Because the fact that car accidents are a leading cause of death (and yet we drive anyway) is the entire point of the argument, which is that deciding to abstain from sex because it is risky is ludicrous if you then get in your car and drive an hour later.

Despite the real and significant risk of death every time we get in a car, we nonetheless do what we can (seat belts, airbags, defensive driving) to reduce that risk, and then go driving anyway. Given that we go driving without a second thought, and that sex is far more essential to human happiness and the risk far smaller, it is completely illogical to abstain.

Just wait and tell him to get tested. You should still use condoms after his test regardless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast