+ Follow This Topic

Thread: From your experience...

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

From your experience...

Hi all,
    Just wanted to get a couple of opinions on something and maybe some peoples experiences...

I was dumped by my girlfriend around 13 weeks ago now and its been tough; horrendous; and depressive. I'm almost out into the clear now apart from the constant reminders that she is with someone else and has been since week 2 of the breakup. Not sure if this bit ever goes away??

My question is... I have the opportunity of sex with someone I've met but I'm not sure if its the right decision. I suppose many people will say "don't, you're doing it for the wrong reasons", "if you're in doubt then don't" etc etc but really?!?! It would be completely unrelated to a more indepth relationship and perhaps would speed up the healing process now that I'm soooo close to getting over my ex.

Is it a case of it could work or it could backfire... or are there enough people out there who have ridden this ride and have a firm answer of 'do it' or 'don't do it'.

I'm edging towards it freeing me of my final set of shackles from the girl who broke my heart.

I should mention I've found it incredibly difficult to break from her cos I still find her hugely attractive physically. Like... ridiculously. And the self-loathing she is with someone else is my final hurdle to overcome.

Many thanks in advance,
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Go ahead. Give a chance to the new person, and show the girl who dumped you, that you're no less than her! This will even help you forget her a move on. Hope this works.
    Regards,
    rohit20

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I feel sorry for the girl you're going to screw.

Users Country Flag
    girl68... thats not the case whatsoever. its her who has initiated interest. not me.
    Hit and run is not what i have ever been about.
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So what exactly do you want? You want to bang her so that you can what get over the gf that you're clearly not over?

I still feel sorry for her. Unless however you've been an open book letting her know that you're hung up on an ex, and she has excepted that and still made advances.

Users Country Flag
    girl68... i was asking if something like that has helped people get over the final hurdles of a breakup.

She knows everything about my breakup. She also knows that I wont be having any kind of a meaningful relationship with her - it would be just sex. I'm a very honest guy and would never lead someone on or hurt someone. Never!! It was her who suggested it, not me.
    Just wanted to hear if anyone had found it a big mistake or not.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I see.

Well what could happen is that you could feel even more lonely and therefore miss her more to engage in romantic relations with a women you don't care for.

I would advise against it.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha i used to live in swindon..you sound like someone i know lol.

If she is the one initiating and know that you wont be in a proper relationship then yes, rebounds are good.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Dude, i'm telling you, go for it!
    When you came back to me, it was the most beautiful moment for my soul. I love you for the rest of my life, my love. I am bound to be yours forever, like I always was...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey bro...i say dont do it...im in the same situation as you...this girl right now im talking to she makes me smile and i need her more that i need sex? i know it sounds like im using her but i am because it feels that void inside for a while

haha i used to live in swindon..you sound like someone i know lol.

If she is the one initiating and know that you wont be in a proper relationship then yes, rebounds are good.

Like Qwerty said, just make sure you have everything on the table so that their are no surprises.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger