+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I cannot attract women.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I'm a male, but here's my input;

You look so much better in that suit than you do in those oversized sporty clothes you're wearing in other pictures. I think if you wear button ups and ties, and formal clothes more often that would improve your general look.

If I were you, no offense, but I'd be wearing clothes that fit better. Instead of XXL try small or medium. I'd also pick out a smaller frame for glasses. The idea is that the smaller your clothes are, the larger you look. If you grow out your hair a little bit, and I don't mean afro, that will draw attention away from your ears.

Other than that all I can say is you've got to love yourself. Build up some confidence. Don't worry about what the stupid bitches on campus might think of you; think of yourself as too important to fit that crap into your agenda.
    I can't wear clothes that are small and medium. They are too short on my tall body. My jerseys are not over sized. It's not even touching my knees or near them. I am 6'1 and my stomach will show if I wear anything that is a small or medium. I will grow my hair out more.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtdg82 View Post
    Bit of guy to guy advice here....

Focus on your plus points or strong features. I for example have got quite large arms through working out therefore i often wear smaller sized tops to reflect this. When i was younger i had a great stomach and would take my top off with no hesitation in the right situation to 'show off'.

These are ideas when it comes to the body, i cannot give any indication what you should do as i have never met you.

However in all honesty nothing beats talking to a girl, getting to know her and being respectful The majority of decent women will be attracted to your personality which counts for a lot more then body features.
    I do try to get to know the girls before I ask them out on dates. I don't ask out anyone I don't know.

I know my best feature is my personality. I don't have any strong physical features.
    Last edited by Franklin; 27-11-09 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Never did I call you ghetto. I said your style to me looks "ghetto". There is a pretty big difference.
    How do my style look ghetto? I don't wear baggy jeans. My underwear is never showing. Wearing jerseys and sports appeal have nothing with being ghetto. It's called being a fan.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Franklin, everyone can have preferences for the sort of lady they would ideally like to date but come on... there comes a time when you need to drop the list of preferables to a certain extent.
    No one would ever go out with anyone if they stuck to what they would prefer 100%.

Anyway... there are plenty of people in your position. Maybe when it comes down to it... perhaps your standards are a little too high. There is someone out there for everyone without doubt. You haven't found her yet and thats frustrating... I get it. But it will happen.

Listen to some of the advice on here rather than countering it. The large sports tops don't work your look very well. Because you are tall but thin they DO look oversized.

No one on here is trying to offend you, don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Quote Originally Posted by rateyes View Post
    you want honesty?

in your photos, you give off the 'inexperienced' and 'nerdy' vibe.

start working out, youll find it makes abig difference in your confidence and how people look at you. i used to be really skinny, benched like 70 lbs. im now up to 170 and i feel more confident just because of this and get alot more looks. no matter what people say, looks do matter.

get smaller glasses, big framed glasses tak away from your face and give a strong 'nerd' vibe.

and id down the sports enthusiast thing you have going. You dont look like you played football, so i wouldn't make it the center of your life. be another thing if you played. im an avid soccer player and watcher, put as far as jerseys go, i try to keep it to a min, not very attractive.
    I do watch sports. I also play sports(not for the college I go to). Sports will always be a part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by lhn View Post
    Franklin, everyone can have preferences for the sort of lady they would ideally like to date but come on... there comes a time when you need to drop the list of preferables to a certain extent.
    No one would ever go out with anyone if they stuck to what they would prefer 100%.

Anyway... there are plenty of people in your position. Maybe when it comes down to it... perhaps your standards are a little too high. There is someone out there for everyone without doubt. You haven't found her yet and thats frustrating... I get it. But it will happen.

Listen to some of the advice on here rather than countering it. The large sports tops don't work your look very well. Because you are tall but thin they DO look oversized.

No one on here is trying to offend you, don't take it personally.
    What is wrong with my standards? I did not list number 3 because it is not a need.

1. She must be a christian. I want someone who has the same religious beliefs as I do.

2. She must be slender. I am not attracted to women who are fat. I take care of myself so I would want someone who would do the same for themselves when it comes to weight.

4. She must be clean. All I am asking is for a woman to take care of herself. Be nicely groomed.

5. She must dress nice. Wear respectable clean clothes.

6. We must have good commutation. I believe a good relationship needs good communication.

7. She must be outgoing. I never met a shy girl before so I don't know if I would go out with one. I like a girl to be outgoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    I do watch sports. I also play sports(not for the college I go to). Sports will always be a part of my life.

What is wrong with my standards? I did not list number 3 because it is not a need.

1. She must be a christian. I want someone who has the same religious beliefs as I do. - understandable.

2. She must be slender. I am not attracted to women who are fat. I take care of myself so I would want someone who would do the same for themselves when it comes to weight. may not always be the case, also you look extrmeely skiiny, are you sure you take care of yourself as you think? working out, and all? most girls like a guy with muscle.

4. She must be clean. All I am asking is for a woman to take care of herself. Be nicely groomed. who doesnt? not really a standard, more a personal issue for the other person.

5. She must dress nice. Wear respectable clean clothes. whats respectable clothing?

6. We must have good commutation. I believe a good relationship needs good communication. that will come with time, cant expect this right off the back with a girl you just met.

7. She must be outgoing. I never met a shy girl before so I don't know if I would go out with one. I like a girl to be outgoing. this has to be a joke. Shy girls are outgoing girls without the excessive need to talk all the time. How can you judge someone based on their desire to talk people to death?
    ^look here in bold for some Q/A
    All were trying to do is help you, if your going to refute everything someone says, why ask?

all im saying is in your photos you look EXTREMELY skinny, not the athletic build people would find with a sportsy guy(did you play for fun, or for your high school and what sports?). I dont know how good you are,everyone plays sports, but you cant base your life on something your mediocre or decent at but LOVE. find what you excel at and promote that. if im wrong, tell me. most hardcore sports fans are turn offs, to me, because 1) they cant play the sport them self and 2) who would want to be second to your first love, Brett Favre?

i can relate
    What i excel at are sports: i went to state in cross country, elite eight in high school soccer, and 2nd in regions for swimming. sports are what i excel at, its something i can promote about myself and show for it. something i love? ping pong. but the thing is i don't excel at ping pong(i rather suck at it, but its still fun to play), but i wouldn't make it a major part of my "portfolio" i present to girls, that would be other athletics.

all in all, everyone is just trying to say, youll realize the girl you fall for, wont be what you thought you were looking for.
    Last edited by rateyes; 28-11-09 at 01:28 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How do my style look ghetto? I don't wear baggy jeans. My underwear is never showing. Wearing jerseys and sports appeal have nothing with being ghetto. It's called being a fan.
    Whatever, my perception of "ghetto" is your pictures except for the one where you're in a suit.

What you describe (IMO) is "gangster" style. To me, the 2 styles are drastically different.

I can't wear clothes that are small and medium. They are too short on my tall body. My jerseys are not over sized. It's not even touching my knees or near them. I am 6'1 and my stomach will show if I wear anything that is a small or medium. I will grow my hair out more.
    Eh? I am 6'0 and my stomach doesn't show when I wear medium. Anyway, I think you should go to a clothing store and at least try it out.

Don't listen to girl68. She doesn't know what ghetto is. You're not ghetto so don't let it get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rateyes View Post
    ^look here in bold for some Q/A
    All were trying to do is help you, if your going to refute everything someone says, why ask?

all im saying is in your photos you look EXTREMELY skinny, not the athletic build people would find with a sportsy guy(did you play for fun, or for your high school and what sports?). I dont know how good you are,everyone plays sports, but you cant base your life on something your mediocre or decent at but LOVE. find what you excel at and promote that. if im wrong, tell me. most hardcore sports fans are turn offs, to me, because 1) they cant play the sport them self and 2) who would want to be second to your first love, Brett Favre?

i can relate
    What i excel at are sports: i went to state in cross country, elite eight in high school soccer, and 2nd in regions for swimming. sports are what i excel at, its something i can promote about myself and show for it. something i love? ping pong. but the thing is i don't excel at ping pong(i rather suck at it, but its still fun to play), but i wouldn't make it a major part of my "portfolio" i present to girls, that would be other athletics.

all in all, everyone is just trying to say, youll realize the girl you fall for, wont be what you thought you were looking for.
    There are sports with not all of the men built such as basketball(depending on the prostitution, golf, track, etc. I do play basketball and I bowl. I am not the best, but I am decent. I did not play in High School because the coach only added players to the team from the Middle School's 8 grade class basketball players. He had tryouts but he never allowed anyone to join the team. He was too up tight to the new kids from middle school, and not many of them are good.

I only weight 155 pounds. Is that extremely skinny? Currently I am trying this workout without using weights because I don't have time to go to the gym. I don't have time to go to the gym because of school and work. I am thinking about buying weights for I can workout in my dorm room. This is the workout. [url]http://www.builtfit.com/build-muscle/muscle-building-without-weights.htm[/url]
    I am seeing results, but at a slow rate. It maybe best for me to buy some weights. I also have a very high metabolism. I eat a lot of food everyday, and it does not show.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Whatever, my perception of "ghetto" is your pictures except for the one where you're in a suit.

What you describe (IMO) is "gangster" style. To me, the 2 styles are drastically different.
    My style is not gangster. The only thing that is remotely close is wearing a jersey. Nothing else that I wear screams gangster. Are polo shirts gangster? Are graphic Tees gangster? Is wearing a belt gangster? Is not showing my underwear gangster?
    Last edited by Franklin; 28-11-09 at 02:46 AM.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I'm gunna exit this thread. Franklin, this forum helps others in varius issues. Some serious and some not but you have taken on board like 2 things so far.

It just seems you are looking for people to tell u that you're fine and we're all at a loss as to why you haven't had a girlfriend yet.

You seem a nice guy but unable to accept peoples points of view :S
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

I am in the same situation as Franklin. White women are simply not attracted to me.

My ears are alright. I have small ears and they are not sticking out but I have a problem with excessive facial hair and I also have to wear glasses because my sight is bad and I believe the glasses also make me less attractive. I also have diasthema which is a gap between the two central teeth. The football player Ronaldo also has it

If only I could get rid of my excessive facial hair and the glasses, I will look much better.
    Last edited by uri; 28-11-09 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lhn View Post
    I'm gunna exit this thread. Franklin, this forum helps others in varius issues. Some serious and some not but you have taken on board like 2 things so far.

It just seems you are looking for people to tell u that you're fine and we're all at a loss as to why you haven't had a girlfriend yet.

You seem a nice guy but unable to accept peoples points of view :S
    I am not sure what the problem is. All I did was ask you and a few members so questions. You said I should lower my standards, and I asked you why. I also asked you what is wrong with my standards. I was not defending my standards. I just wanted your reasons of why you think I should lower my standards.

I've never seen physical attractiveness prevent a guy from getting a girl.. even a hot girl. I've seen plenty of butt ugly guys date really hot women.

I've also seen girls that didn't look that attractive until they smiled, or laughed, or something like that. The way you carry yourself can take you from a 5 to a 7. I don't think you're a bad looking guy at all. There are a lot of women in the world that are attracted to your personal style, and looks. It could simply be the way you carry yourself.

You might not be as outgoing as you think you are. There is a difference between being able to talk to people easily, and being the life of the party. Just because you can talk to girls, that doesn't mean you're not coming off as shy, nerdy, and very sensitive. There are many girls that are just not attracted to those personality traits.

It sounds to me like you're talking to the wrong girls. If it was me, I'd be talking to the girls at church. If the girl in the one picture is any indication of the types of girls you're trying to pick up on, then forget about it. You sound like a really nice guy (rootbeer? really?), and you should be trying to talk to a nice shy girl. In fact, there may be a few girls that do have their eye on you, but they're too shy to make the first move.

There are sports with not all of the men built such as basketball(depending on the prostitution, golf, track, etc. I do play basketball and I bowl. I am not the best, but I am decent. I did not play in High School because the coach only added players to the team from the Middle School's 8 grade class basketball players. He had tryouts but he never allowed anyone to join the team. He was too up tight to the new kids from middle school, and not many of them are good.

I only weight 155 pounds. Is that extremely skinny? Currently I am trying this workout without using weights because I don't have time to go to the gym. I don't have time to go to the gym because of school and work. I am thinking about buying weights for I can workout in my dorm room. This is the workout. [url]http://www.builtfit.com/build-muscle/muscle-building-without-weights.htm[/url]
    I am seeing results, but at a slow rate. It maybe best for me to buy some weights. I also have a very high metabolism. I eat a lot of food everyday, and it does not show.

My style is not gangster. The only thing that is remotely close is wearing a jersey. Nothing else that I wear screams gangster. Are polo shirts gangster? Are graphic Tees gangster? Is wearing a belt gangster? Is not showing my underwear gangster?
    oh really? im 160 lbs, but i dont look as skinny as you do lol, you must be extremely tall! . altho i have increased my bench 50 lbs and not gained one lb...

and alright, i was not aware you did currently workout, but you do realize that the workout plan without weights can only last you so long before you have to add weight. but thats a whole nother thread

all i can say is maybe its your mannerism of approaching women that is the flaw. making a women laugh doesnt mean you dont come of as desperate or creeper like. id have to be there, but ask someone who is blunt with you,a friend, and ask them to help critique how you talk to women. church members, and older people tend to be a little nicer than the average person, they wouldnt put you down. you need opinions from people your age, not elderly, or family(of course your family wont say your coming off as weird when you talk). Now once you get a friend to help you, see what they say, and try to change around it.

possibly try that and see what happens.

whats your typical convo look like with a girl your interested in?

I am not sure what the problem is. All I did was ask you and a few members so questions. You said I should lower my standards, and I asked you why. I also asked you what is wrong with my standards. I was not defending my standards. I just wanted your reasons of why you think I should lower my standards.
    because the girl you end up falling for, wont be in your standards you claim now...happens to me all teh time, why i dont have 'standards' persay, i go off of feeling.

judge based on your heart, not a list you can draw up.

Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    I am in the same situation as Franklin. White women are simply not attracted to me.

My ears are alright. I have small ears and they are not sticking out but I have a problem with excessive facial hair and I also have to wear glasses because my sight is bad and I believe the glasses also make me less attractive. I also have diasthema which is a gap between the two central teeth. The football player Ronaldo also has it

If only I could get rid of my excessive facial hair and the glasses, I will look much better.
    you tried shaving?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast